Preparing for the journey

Chapter 18

When we get home we collect Prim and Willow from Hazelle and sit them down on the bench at the very back of our garden do just in case the Capitol have bugged our house , so that they can’t hear us.

“Prim, Tomorrow we’re going on a long journey ok?”, Cato says in a low voice.

Prim nods waiting for Cato to explain more.

“I need you to pack a bag of things you can’t live without”, Cato tells her.

“But where are we going?” , Prim asks.

“You’ll find out when we get there Little Duck”, I tell her.

Prim nods and puts a small smile on her face.

Later that night:

“Cato, What about Cirrus?, He can’t stay with your cousin while we’re gone , it’s too dangerous”, I say.

“I suppose I could get the train to 2 , it leaves  in 10 minutes”, he says looking at the clock.

 “I’ll just get Willow to sleep beside me”, I smile.

Cato strolls up to me and cups the back of my neck and slowly pulls me in close to him, he kisses me passionately and slowly.

“I love you , Katniss”, He says breathlessly.

“I love you too”, I say hugging him tightly , inhaling his scent.

“I’ll be back at about 3 in the morning , so we can leave at about half 4”, He instructs me.

I nod and   he walks out the door.

I decide to pack my bag for tomorrow tonight so I can save time.

I get my new, big, green backpack and start to pack three bottles of water, a packet of tortilla chips, cereal bars, nappies for Willow, spare underwear, my bow and arrows, a few small knives , a blue chunky blanket, my dad’s hunting jacket, foldable tent and the map Haymitch gave us.

I then go into Prim’s room to see how she’s getting along with her packing.

“What have you packed Little Duck?”, I ask with a smile.

“Everything I can’t live without”, She smiles.