A Bloodbath

CHAPTER 6

Everyting goes black for about 10 seconds.

I have to open my eyes with my hands over themm to adjust to the light.

I take in my surroundings.

It’s a  winter wonderland.

Snow comes down from the sky lightly and slowly.

The ground has a thin blanket of snow.

To my left is a plain of tall grass covered with snow , to my right is a frozen over lake  and in front of me is a scary looking mountain with grey smoke rising into the sky.

The cornucopia stands out , it’s surrounded by mountains of resources.

I look over at Cato and I nod at him , he nods back.

I then eye the bow and  arrow  and knives in a small pile ten metres away from me.

The countdown begins.

“3 , 2  , 1!”

I sprint towards the pile and take everything in it hurriedly.

I load  my bow quickly  and aim for the District 9 boy making his way toward me with  a small dagger.

He falls to the ground with a thup before I release the arrow and Cato is standing in front of me with a sword in hand.

I nod in thanks to him.

I aim my arrow at the girl from 3 as Cato beheads the boy from 4 with his sword.

I release the arrow before she notices  me.

She falls against the Cornucopia as she dies.

From the corner of my eye I see Glimmer fire a sharpened rock at the District 5 male , he falls to the ground clutching his stomach in pain.

Glimmer stalks him like a lion hunting it’s prey and then clambers on top of him and  drives her sharp rock into both his eyes , he screams in pain.

She then takes a dagger from her coat pocket and drives it into his chest.

I look away as he screams in excruciating pain.

I sense a knife sailing past me and I duck as it misses  me by an inch.

I load  my bow and aim at my attcker the District 6 boy with his district partner by his side I throw my knife at the girl just as my arrow impales the boys brain.

They both die on the spot.

I clean their blod off my cheek and look around for Cato.

I then eye him fighting off the 7 male and District 8 male at the same time.

I throw a knife at one of them just as Cato finishes the other off.

He sends me a look  of thanks and I nod as I look for more tributes.

The Careers have gone , it’s not like the careers to leave the Cornucopia while the blood bath is still in process.

I see 3 tributes , the district 7 girl , district 9 girl and the district 10 girl in the mouth of the Cornucopia.

I notice a mountain of weapons in front of me and a backpack to put them in.

I pick up a grenade from the pile and throw accuratly at them.

The blow to smithereens instantly.

Cato walks over to me with his supplies and he is putting them into his backpack as   he walks.

“We killed so many” Cato says.

“We’re closer to going home” I say.

Cato nods.

“DUCK!” Cato shouts.

I duck down instanly and watch Cato catch the spear expertly that was aimd at me.

I  stand up and see the District 8 girl running away with the district 4 girl.

Cato throws the spear back at the District 8 girl and I release my arrow at  the district 4 girl.

They fall on there faces and  die straight away.

Myself and  Cato are the only ones left at the Cornucopia.

We  check over our supplies.

I have my bow , 10 arrows , 2 medium spears , 5 grenades , 8 mines , 3 daggers , 4 knives , sleeping bag , crackers , water purifier and 5 apples.

“Let’s go to the lake for water” I tell Cato.

Cato nods and we make our way to the lake.