Chapter 22

Thank you so much for commenting on the last chapter. xoxo. :)

By the way, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 is freakingly awesome!! :D lol.

Proud to be an Harry Potter fan!! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                When we got home, my parents welcomed me. They asked me to tell them what all happened to me. They were really surprised when I told them that I cooked, washed the dishes, cleaned the house and did laundry. The following days, I was the headline of every newspaper. My parents told me it would last. So I just leave that alone.

                As I was walking in the garden, I was reminiscing. The days we first came to that country, the first day we went to the mall, the time I saw Luke, when Luke asked me to go on a date, when Luke did something very special for me, when he protected me. I – Luke. My tears stared flowing. I went inside and went to my room. I took home everything. The bear, the balloons (now inflated), the roses (now withered), our picture and also the bracelet.

                Maybe time would heal me. I hope.

                One morning, our parents announced something, “We will be having a ball.”

                “What for?” I asked.

                “Nothing,” my mother said.

                “Okay,” I said “When?”

                “Tomorrow night,” she replied.

                We were eating our breakfast and the maids were putting the foods in the table.

                “Tomorrow night?” I asked her.

                “Yes,”

                I just nodded. I'm not in the mood for dancing. Sigh.

                The following night, there were so many visitors my mother invited. I really don’t want to go but my brother insisted for me to come.

                “Fine,” I said. “I’ll be down there a minute.”

                "Hurry up!" Peter said and left me.

                I put on a sky blue dress. I arranged my hair and my makeup and put on my accessories. I felt so sad. I remember the day of the homecoming dance. I shook my head and told myself to forget it. I went to my treasure box and got Luke’s gift, the bracelet. I remembered what he told me. Just shake my hand and he would be here when I needed him. Will he come when I shook my hand? I smiled. I know he wouldn’t. He was so far away.

                But still I shook it. I sighed.

               Since the ball was a masquerade ball. Everybody got a mask. I got mine white. I went to the ball and went to Peter.

                “Where’s Lady Lindsay?” I asked him.

                “She’s with her parents,” he told me. “I – uhm – I need to go.”