Chapter 20

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait.!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                The following day, I went to school early to wait for Luke. I would only explain to him why I lied to him.

                I saw Sean walking towards the schoo but he didn’t look at me. Odd.

                I waited for Luke for about half an hour. Isabella together with Josh and Quinn came. “Have you seen Luke?” I asked them.

                “No,” Isabella replied. “Maybe he’s not going to school today.”

                “I guess,” I said sadly. “Maybe I should just go to his house later.”

                In my class with Luke, Luke came late. I was really surprised that he was here. So this is it! I’ll approach him after class. Waiting for the bell was killing me. I’d been looking for my watch for about the hundredth time. Finally, the bell rang but Luke immediately went out. I ran to him but he was gone. He was ignoring me. Sigh.

                Lunch came. “Haven’t talk to Luke yet?” Quinn asked.

                “Not yet,” I said. “He’s running away from me.”

                Isabella sat beside me. “If you are looking for Luke he’s on the park with – “ she stopped.

                “With whom?” I asked curiously.

                “Uhm – I haven’t seen,” Isabella said biting her sandwich.

                “Isabella,” I warned.

                “Okay, he’s with Kate,” she said quickly.

                With Kate? I stood up and went to the park. Luke was sitting beside Kate. Kate was curling her arms on Luke’s.

                I approached them. “Can I talk to you for a second?” I asked Luke without looking at Kate.

                “He doesn’t want to talk to you,” Kate smirked. “So, can you please just leave us alone?”

                “Luke,” I said looking at him.

                “If I were you, you should be hiding from now,” Kate said with a wicked grin.

                “What are you talking about?” I asked Kate.

                Luke looked at her too.

                “They will be here – any minute,” she said sweetly looking at her watch. This girl really annoyed me so much.

                “I don’t care who they are. I just wanted to talk to Luke,” I said gritting my teeth.

                “Just hide Sophie,” Kate said standing up. “Or should I call you Princess Sophie.”

                I looked at Kate with a horrified expression. How did she know? Sean? I looked at Luke and he was staring at Kate. “Nervous?” Kate asked sitting again.

                “Sophie!” I heard Quinn called.

                They came to me panting. “We should go,” Isabella said. “They know!”