Chapter 18

Here's Chaper 18. :)

See the picture? I imagined that's what Luke looks like in this chapter. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “I’m done,” Isabella called from her room.“Only the makeup.”

                “I’m also done,” I said.

                Today was the Valentine’s homecoming dance and we were all busy arranging ourselves. Quinn was with us.

                “How’s my hair?” Quinn asked.

                I looked at Quinn and smiled. “Wow! It looks great!” I said. “How did you do that? I don’t know what hair style I’m going to do.”

                “I’ll do yours,” she said. “I’ll make you a princess – and – you are already a princess.”

                I laughed. Quinn asked me to sit in front of the mirror. “I will tell Luke today,” I said.

                “Are you sure?”

                “Yes. I thought of it last night. Quinn?”

                “What is it?”

                “Why did Luke and Kate broke up?”

                “I don’t know if I should tell you,”

                “Why?”

                “Well – okay I’ll tell you,” she said. “Well, Luke didn’t actually tell me what happened. But he told me that Kate lied to him. I don’t know what Kate lied about.”

                “Oh,” I said. Lied to him. That was what I’m doing to him. Maybe if I told him the truth and I explained, maybe he’ll listen to me.

                “You’re done!” Quinn said.

                I looked at the mirror and saw my hair. Wow!

                “Quinn. It looks lovely,” I said. “Thank you so much!”

                “Hey! Do mine,” Isabella said. She was suddenly at the doorway looking at my hair.

               After a few minutes, we were all finished. We looked so pretty. Luke, Josh and Quinn’s date Alex came to our house to pick us up.

                “You all looked lovely,” Josh said.

                We all smiled at him. Isabella put her hand in Josh arms and went to Josh car. Quinn also did the same.

                “You look so beautiful,” Luke said smiling at me.

                “Thank you. You look so handsome tonight,” I told him. I put my arms around him and went to his car. Luke was silent at our ride. Odd.

                We reached the school a few minutes later. There were so many lights outside. We went to the gymnasium and the dance was about to start. The principal first talked and the dance started. The dance was so great. The songs were good and also the food.

              Quinn and Isabella was asked to dance by their dates. Isabella was so giggly that I chuckled. I looked at Quinn and she looked so happy. Good. Luke came to me after talking to his friends for a while.

                “Can I have your first dance?” Luke asked me.

                I nodded and smiled at him. I took his hand and he led me to the dance floor. It was a slow song. “You really look so beautiful Sophie,” he said looking straight at my eyes.

                I blushed.

                “You look like a princess,” he said.

                “Uhm – thank you,” I said. Look like a princess.

                I saw Josh and Isabella also dancing. Quinn and Alex were drinking at the side, I guess they were finished dancing. So I think we were all having a great time.

                “Can we talk outside?” Luke suddenly asked me.

                “Sure,” I said my heart beating so fast.

                Isabella saw us and I mouthed to her ‘outside’. She just nodded at me. When we were outside, we walked to the school swing in the side.

                I sat at the swing and he pushed. “Luke I need to tell you something.”

                “What is it?” he asked.

                “I – uhm – I don’t know how to tell you – but – “ I stammered. I don’t know how to start. “When we first came here – I thought I wouldn’t –“ I stopped and Luke stopped pushing the swing.

                “Why didn’t you tell me you are a Princess?” he suddenly said softly.

                I immediately stood up and looked at him. “I – I- “

                “You lied to me,” he said coldly.

                “I didn’t want – “ I said.

                “You didn’t want to – what? Didn’t want to lie to me?” Luke said walking towards me. “You lied to me Sophie. I mean Your Highness.”

                “Luke please,” I whimpered. “Let me explain.”

                “What? You know that we can’t be together. Why did you let me fall in love with you?” he demanded. “Why? Why are you doing this Sophie?”

                “Because I love you!” I cried.

                “Love me? You lied to me,” he said. “Just – “ He didn’t continue what he was going to say. He left me alone crying.

                Isabella came out a few minutes later. “There you are Sophie,” she said walking towards me. “I – what happened? Where’s Luke?”

                “He left,” I cried. “Oh Isabella. What should I do? Luke knows!”

                “Knows what?” she asked.

                “The truth!” I said my eyes red from crying. “I need to find him!”

                “I’ll call Quinn and Josh. Stay here okay?” she said and she left me.

                What should I do? Luke hates me. And – it was all my fault. I lied to him. But I should explain. They came a few minutes later. Quinn hugged me.

                “Sophie,” she said. “Let’s give Luke some time.”

                “But – “

                “He needed some time alone,” Josh said.

                I nodded and we didn’t finish the program. We went home. Quinn’s date stayed at the school. I can’t stop myself from crying. Isabella stayed with me all night. All I could think about is Luke. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please vote and comment. :)