Chapter 13

Morning came. I opened my eyes because the sun was shining so brightly it reflected on my window. I stood up and stretched my arms. What a beautiful morning, I thought. I felt so good. Is it a lucky day for me?

When I was combing my hair I noticed something in my mirror, it was a small note. I took it and read the message. "Good morning! How's your sleep? Did you dreamt of me? Just kidding. I made something for you. Just go downstairs."

It was Luke's handwriting. I quickly combed my hair and get dressed. I went downstairs and saw Isabella smiling at me.

"Luke cooked our breakfast today," she said standing at the kitchen doorway.

"Where is he?" I asked her walking to the dining room.

"He left a while ago," she said following me.

"Why didn't he wait for me?" I asked with a frown.

"I don't know," Isabella said smiling. "He did put something in your plate."

My plate? I immediately went to the table and my plate got another note. "I cooked this for you. I hope you like it. Eat well. And I need you to do something, take a bath after eating breakfast. I have a surprise for you."

"And what's the surprise?" I asked.

"Why are you asking me?" Isabella said laughing.

"Where did he put the other notes?" I asked looking at Isabella seriously.

"I don't know," Isabella said putting foods in her plate. "These look yummy. Eat up Sophie."

After eating, I took a bath. The note wasn't in the bathroom. Yeah. I looked for it. So where did he put it? After taking a bath, I opened my drawer and saw at the top file of my clothes a note which was stick to a dress I've never seen before. "I picked this dress for you to wear. And I added a coat, in case you got cold. I'll be waiting for you in the park. Sit in the bench where we first sat together. I'll be waiting."

I just can't take the smile away. I get the dress and looked at it. It was so cute. I took out the coat and it matches the dress. I got dressed and arranged my hair and put some light makeup on my face. Why was Luke doing this?

"I'll be leaving," I told Isabella. She told me he and Josh were going out also and she wished me good luck.

I went to the park and there were few people today. I went to the bench but he wasn't there. I noticed a teddy bear sitting at the bench. I took it and there was a note. "I'm not here. Ha ha ha. This single bear means 'I'. Go to the center of the park. Just stay there okay?"

Luke really planned this. I was smiling thinking of Luke. Where really was he? I went to the center of the park but didn't saw him. I waited.

A guy approached me. "Sophie?" he asked.

"Yes," I said looking at the guy I've never seen before.

"Someone asked me to give you these," the guy said giving me four blue balloons.

"Can I ask you something? Where is he?" I asked. The guy smiled at me and just gave me a note and left.

I held the bear in my left hand and the balloon in my right. I read the note with my left hand. "Still wondering where I am? You will soon found out. Did you like the balloons? I know how you love the color blue. These four balloons mean LOVE. Now, did you see the light post in the right side? Go there; a taxi is waiting for you."

I went to the light post and a taxi was parked. The cab driver smiled at me and asked me to go inside. It was hard getting the balloons inside. Did Luke thought of that? But still, I was waiting for what will happen next.

The cab driver stopped at another park. "Uhm – where should I go now?" He gave me another note. It says, "You are here! Soon I will be with you. Excited? LOL. Don't worry about paying the cab driver. Go inside the park and you will see a bench at the entrance. Wait for me there. I'll be waiting for you."

My heart was pounding so hard. I felt so excited! I sat at the bench and waited.

Then I heard somebody walked from behind me. "Don't turn around." I heard his voice said. "Let me just took a deep breath."

I laughed at him. "Are you nervous?" I asked him.

I heard him chuckled. He walked in front of me looking so dazzling. I just can't take my eyes off him. He was smiling at me sweetly. He was holding three white roses and gave them to me.

"What does this mean?" I asked him.

"Guess," he said. I could see that he was blushing.

"The bear means 'I' and the four balloons means 'LOVE', so I guess these three roses means 'YOU'," I said.

"I love you," he said so softly.

"I love you more," I said happily my eyes started to get wet.

"Why are you crying?" he asked hugging me. "Did I make you unhappy?"

"Unhappy?" I chuckled. "You made me so happy! What's this for?"

"Nothing," he said laughing. "I just decided to do this for you. An early Christmas present."

"More like Valentine's present," I said wiping my tears. "So, what else did you planned?"

He held my hand and led the way. "I arrange some lunch. Picnic style."

"You did?" I asked excitedly. He nodded and brought out a picnic basket behind the bench. "You cooked it all?"

"Uhm . . some of it," he laughed.

After eating our lunch, we laid beside each other in the grass looking at the clouds.

"That cloud looks like a pizza," I said. "A sliced one."

"No," he said. "It's a triangle."

I looked at him and laughed. "But a slice pizza is triangle."

He laughed too. "I know. I'm just messing with you." He hugged me so tight and it felt so good. I felt so loved.

"I love you Sophie," he said to me his eyes locked to mine.

"I love you too Luke," I said.

"Remember that I will always be here for you no matter what," he said. "I won't ever leave you."

That day was one of the happiest days of my life. Luke really loves me and I know he knows that I really love him too. But I'm still lying to him. I should tell him the truth. But I think today was not a good day to tell him. It will ruin our mood. Soon, I promise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please vote and comment. :)