Chapter 20

Meg: The real question is…Team Hummer or Team Siam? ;)

Kelsey: Chapter 20! I’m so happy with the feedback we are getting so far! Without further ado here is the next chapter :D xxx

Chapter 20:

Before I knew it, it was Saturday again and time for the cocktail party followed by the rose ceremony. Once again, Savannah made me go through what felt like a year’s supply of dresses and shoes.

“I still like the red,” she said nodding her head. “I don’t see why you won’t wear it.”

“Red isn’t my colour,” I protested. “Besides, purple is my favourite colour.” Truthfully, purple was Liam’s favorite color. But she didn’t have to know that. Nor did the camera crew filming us.

She rolled her eyes and slipped into her white heels that were a great match with her sparkly teal dress. Savannah had spent all day curling her naturally straight hair for the ceremony. Since she didn’t have a rose, she was freaking out over the fact that she needed to get one. Of course, I wouldn’t know how that felt.

I slipped on my shoes, and grabbed my rose. “Can we please go downstairs now?” I pleaded. “It’s like a thousand degrees up here.”

She nodded and led me out the door and down the stairs where everyone was already deep in conversations with the boys. I made eye contact with Liam and he smiled at me. I automatically winked back at him without thinking. Then I noticed Harry also flashing his dimples at me which whipped the smile off of my face. The plan! Get your head in the game, Summer!  I reminded myself. So, I forced a smile back at him.

Savannah and I sat on the end of the large U-shaped couch next to Niall and a few of the Directioner girls. Niall and Savannah burst right into conversation so I was left with half of my butt falling off the couch and nobody to talk to…kind of like a hobo at the bus stop.

“Hey,” I looked up to see Liam standing over me. “Want to talk?”

“Sure,” I said taking his hand. He led me through the kitchen and onto the porch. It was already dark out so we could watch the stars from where we were. He sat me down on one of the benches overlooking the garden.

“What’s up?” I asked, popping the ‘p’.

“Not much” his usually warm brown eyes only managed to make contact with the floor.

“Are you alright?” I asked.

“Yeah, I’m good. It’s just been a crazy week.” He ran a hand over his short, spikey hair.

“Tell me about it,” I agreed. My mind wandered back to the Ice Queen. I hadn’t spoken to Belle or any member of her fan-club since our little disagreement on Wednesday. They replaced talking to me with multiple dirty looks whenever we crossed paths.