Chapter 19

Chapter 19

My eyes widened in shock as I took a step forward. Shoving Logan away from me, I shifted just in time to jump away from her. She landed in front of Logan in the exact spot I had occupied not even two seconds before. Corie, Victor, and Jacob all gasped as I shook out my pure white coat. After not seeing me for so long, I guess the sight of me was still a shock.

Camilla rounded on me. "You're a pathetic excuse for a wolf," she said, her voice echoing in my head before she lunged again.

Growling, I lunged for her as well and met her in the air. We tumbled to the ground with her massive form on top. "If I'm so pathetic how can I hold my own against you?" I asked before kicking her off me.

She slammed into a tree, letting out a loud yelp. "Why you little –"

She was cut off as I tackled her to the ground. All I could see was red, my anger and hatred boiling to the surface. Suddenly everything was coming back to me clear as day. Whenever Victor had punished me or yelled at me, he had always turned to her first. The reluctance in his eyes that I had never noticed before seemed blaringly apparent all of a sudden.

Camilla had been the reason behind it all.

There was a collective gasp in both packs as I sank my teeth into her shoulder. My rage was fueling me, giving me strength I didn't even know I was capable of. She whimpered as I moved around her and bit into her leg.

"You're a poor excuse for a mother," I though acidly. "You were the one that turned Corie, Jake, and even Victor against me, weren't you?"

Growling, she finally managed to shove me off of her. "You were too different. A mother can sense these things and I could sense it from the moment you were born. You never belonged in this family." She whipped around me fast enough to bite down onto my shoulder and I howled in pain.

"You were a mistake."

That was the final straw for me. With a dangerous and menacing snarl, I ripped my shoulder away from her, feeling it tear wide open. Wincing, I ignored the throbbing pain and leapt at her again. A growl rumbled deep in my chest as I pinned her to the ground. "Leave. You're not welcome here anymore." She tried to struggle out from beneath me, but I just pushed down harder. "If Victor wants to take the pack with you, so be it. I don't need your help if this is what I'm going to have to put up with in the meantime. We'll fight this war on our own. It'll be hard, but I'd rather go down fighting than have your greedy hands claiming all the praise."

Mustering up all my hatred, all the betrayal I had felt from them, recalling all the memories of everything they'd done, I used those to fuel my anger and strengthen the Alpha command I gave. "Get. Out." I spat, stepping away from her. "I won't have your blood on my hands. You're not worth it."

Slowly, she dragged herself to her feet and shifted to human form. She quickly turned to my father. "We're leaving, Victor," she called, turning and walking towards the trees despite the fact that she was nude.

My father pinched the bridge of his nose. "No," he said.

Camilla bristled. "What was that?" she asked, slowly turning to face him.

"I said no," he told her. "You've kept Torian away from me for far too long and I'm not going to let you continue to do it. As soon as this whole thing blows over and I come home, I'm filing for divorce. So, go. Any of the pack that wish to go with you may. I won't hold it against them," he said, eyes blazing.

She stared open mouthed at him for a whole minute before rounding on me. "You stupid, pathetic little ingrate!" she screeched, marching over to me and getting right in my face, again. "You'll pay for this."