Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"Your cheek split open and then you just stopped moving altogether," Logan explained the next morning, dabbing away the last remnants of blood from my cheek.

"I'm fine now, I don't think he'd ever take it far enough to kill me," I said, my voice firm and sure even though I was anything but. If I continued to infuriate Xander the way I did, how long would it be before the consequence was my life?

My entire body was sore and stiff. Flashbacks of what had happened with Xander had kept me up for practically the rest of the night. Groaning, I forced myself to get up and trudge into the closet. I selected a pair of capris and a sea green tank top before walking into the bathroom. As I glanced at the bed before I pulled the door shut, I realized Logan wasn't there. Shrugging my shoulders, I closed the door and turned to the mirror, something that was becoming habitual.

My eyes were slightly red with faint bags under them, making it apparent that I wasn't getting enough sleep. With a heavy sigh, I switched clothes and threw my hair up into a messy ponytail. After brushing my teeth, I decided that was as good as it was going to get and made my way back out into the bedroom and continued into the hallway.

When I made it to the kitchen, my pack, Rikki, and Logan were all around the island counter talking. David was the first to notice my presence and he was in front of me in a matter of seconds, engulfing me in a warm hug. "How're you feeling?" he asked, pulling away and holding me at arm's length.

"I've been better," I admitted.

"You're such a trooper," he said, mussing my hair.

Growling, I attempted to smooth it back down. "Thanks, Dave," I muttered. He just smiled as he retreated to his place by Rikki. I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face when he looked at her. They were so happy, it was obvious. In the time I was off in my own little world, Michael had lifted me off my feet. "Mike!" I squealed. "Put me down!"

He chuckled before doing as I said and setting me down next to Ashlyn, who immediately pulled me into a hug. "Can't you just kill this vampire already?" she whispered in my ear.

"I'm trying to think of ways to do it," I told her.

Michael smiled at me as I pulled away from Ashlyn. "So, Tor. What're we doing today?" he asked, his normal, easy smile finding its way onto his face as he slung an arm over Ashlyn's shoulders.

For the first time, I turned to Logan. He was watching my pack's exchange with a small smile, which broadened as he caught my gaze. He opened his arms to me and I didn't even think before walking into his warm and comforting embrace, burying my face into his chest. Logan chuckled as he rested his chin on my head. "Would you guys mind if I took Torian out today? Just the two of us?"

Turning to face them, I took in the shock on their faces. They all looked at me, waiting to see if I was alright with the idea. Biting my lip, I glanced up at Logan. He smiled down at me, and I couldn't help but nod to them. While I wasn't completely sure what a full day alone with Logan would entail, I was curious.

David and Ashlyn spoke at the same time. "No, not a problem." After realizing they had responded in unison they punched one another.

"C'mon, ma vie," Logan said, a grin forming on his face as he began dragging me towards the door.

"Wait. You mean right now?" I asked, digging my heels into the floor.

Logan halted in his steps. "Yes?" he said, drawing out the 's' sound causing his statement to sound like a question.