Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Logan let out a startled yelp as we slammed into the water. When we surfaced, I couldn't help but laugh at his shocked face. "Poor puppy scared to get wet?" I teased, splashing a little more water at him.

"Now you're going to get it," he threatened.

"Catch me if you can," I taunted as I jumped back onto the shore. When he began to swim to the edge I turned and sprinted full speed into the trees.

The sound of Logan cursing as he scrambled to get out of the water met my ears soon followed by the sound of his pounding footfalls. Grinning, I zigzagged in and out of trees. I almost fell over laughing when I heard him run headfirst into a tall pine.

The game continued like that for close to an hour before I felt like my legs were going to give out. "Ma Vie, how the hell are you so fast?" Logan thought to me.

"I don't know," I responded as I hid behind the wide trunk of a spruce tree, catching my breath.

"Gotcha," Logan's voice echoed in my mind as I was tackled to the ground. He pinned me under his weight before giving me a lopsided wolf grin, his tongue lolling out the side of his mouth.

"Alright, get off," I huffed.

He plopped down, crushing me under his weight. "Better?" he asked, mischief glinting in his eyes.

"No," I groaned. "C'mon, Logan. You're killing me."

"Baby," he taunted. He laughed before lithely jumping off me. Grumbling under my breath, I heaved myself out and shook out my coat.

"What was that?" I asked, sinking down into a crouch and twitching my tail.

"Baby," he repeated as he copied my position. "B-A-B-Y."

"If I'm a baby then you're a pedophile," I said as I lunged for him. He easily dodged it and I rounded on him.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Real mature, ma vie."

"I try." I shrugged before I ran around him and jumped on his back, sending him sprawling across the ground. He rolled through a patch of sticker bushes. I laughed at him as he tried to dislodge the little pokers that had gotten caught in his fur.

"You'll pay for that one," he threatened, advancing on me.

"Now, Logan," I warned, but it was useless. He had already jumped on me and pinned my body down. He rolled around on top of me, trying to get as many of them stuck to me as possible. After letting him have his fun for a minute, I kicked him off me. That just started the playing all over again. We sauntered through the woods as if we were actual wild animals. After close to another hour of aimless running, we had come full circle and were back at the stream he had first brought me to.

"Stay here," he told me before disappearing into the surrounding woods. Sighing, I headed over to a boulder I hadn't noticed before. It was large and jutted out over the stream, almost like a cliff. Natural steps led up to what looked like a flat surface and I was just about to climb them when Logan reemerged carrying two baskets in his mouth. "Here," he said, tossing one at my feet.

Using my nose, I shoved the lid off to reveal two sets of clothes. I raised my eyebrows. He just shook his head and motioned back to the basket. Sighing, I took the white piece of cloth and underwear set that were obviously meant for me and trotted off into the confinement of the trees. When I was sure I was out of sight, I shifted back into human form. I wasted little time before slipping the bra and panties on, and then I warily picked up the white fabric. To my relief, it was a simple white sundress that no one other than Brooke could have picked out. Once I had pulled the dress on, I realized how comfortably the stretchy cotton fit. Biting my lip, I walked back out into the clearing. Logan was already there, only clothed in a pair of black basketball shorts. This seems way too much like a cheesy romance novel, I thought as a small smile slipped onto my face.