Chapter Sixteen

What comes to the light

Jenaé

"What the fuck Mark you said you was coming over today!" I screamed into the phone. "I know bae just chill I got shit to handle ok." He said trying to calm me down. "Shit like what?" I questioned. Lately he's been acting weird. He don't wanna come over no more, we barely see each other and when we do he's so distant. Then the other day I was going to go through his phone and he snatched it away from me to quick. Usually he'll just give it to me, hell sometimes he'll give it to me when I don't even ask for it. Now all of a sudden it's a problem. "Don't worry about it bae. H-how bout I come over later tonight. Hmm how that sound?" I sighed and rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see me. "Naw just don't come at all cuz it's obvious you hiding something and if you come over here imma just wanna punch you in yo ugly ass face." I said angrily. He sighed. "Man Jenaé why you can't just trust me on this. I need you to relax." "Relax? Relax. Re-fucking-lax! Yeah Mark imma just sit back and kick my feet up while you keep secrets from me because that's very relaxxxxing." I said sarcastically and he groaned. "Man Nae ion got time for this, it's either you want me to come or you don't. Simple as that." He said sounding annoyed. "Oh it's that simple. Ok well do what you want Mark cuz ion care. BYE!" I said and hung the phone up in his face. Ughhh he's been making me so mad lately and what ever secret he's keeping from me I will find out about it because best believe what happens in the dark will come to the light.

As a matter fact imma go to his house, since I got a key it shouldn't be a problem. Right? Yeah, Imma find out what this nigga been up to. Men are sloppy so I'm pretty sure he got some type of evidence laying around in there. "Neneeeeeeeeee!!!" I screamed after my sister and sure enough she came running into my room like a mad man. When she realized I was perfectly fine she looked at me with an attitude. "What do you want Nae? I was straightening my hair." She said agitated. "Look I need you to come with me to Mark's house." I said and she looked at me like I was crazy and scrunched up her face. "Umm why?" I sighed. "Because he hiding something from me and I know I'll find some type of answer there." I said. She stared at me for a second then shrugged her shoulders. "OK, but if the police get involved I'm taking off." She said. I rolled my eyes. "Girl we not robbing him. One I got a Key and two we are in a relationship so I can be there if I want." I said and she nodded and walked out my room. "Give me ten minutes!" She yelled at me. I jumped up happily, and quickly got dressed. I put on a black tank top, a pair of white and black spandex exercising pants, and my black Nike Roche. I put my hair up in a high ponytail grabbed my keys, phone and purse and met Nene in the kitchen. She had on a white v-neck, some acid wash jean shorts and her red Toms. Her hair was also up in a ponytail like mines. "Girl I thought we was going snooping not ass beating." She said laughing at what I had on. "Shit you never know, I might needa beat some ass while I'm there too." I said then walked off towards the front door and my sister followed behind me. We got in the car and headed off to Marks house. He lived in a condo in downtown L.A so it took us about twenty minutes to get there.

When we arrived I hoped out so quick I almost left my car running. "Come on Nene you moving slow." I called after her. "Girl why you in such a rush you act like you bout to catch him fucking or sum." I chirped my teeth. "Chile please I'm just trying to get in and out before he gets home. If imma find somethin I gotta find it while he's gone." I said and Nene nodded her head. We finally reached Mark's condo and I unlocked the door. "You check the living room and kitchen dressers, Imma go in his room and see what I can find." I said and Nene nodded her head and went to work. I walked towards the back and went into Marks bedroom. "Shit this place is a mess." I said to myself. He had his clothes and shoes everywhere. I decided I was gonna check his bathroom first. I went through his medicine cabinet and the draws attached to the sink and found nothin. I then went into his bedroom to search his dressers.