Chapter 5

Lauren's PoV

When I got to the apartment door, I could hear voices coming from inside. I walked in to find Julia, Jaime, and Meredith all sitting on the couch.

"Sooo, how'd it go?" Jaime squealed excitedly.

"I guess that means you've told them?" I directed at Julia.

"Yeah, sorry. I hope you don't mind" she responded, looking down.

"Don't worry, it's not a problem." Julia looked up and smiled at this. "Anyway," I continued, "I'm not gonna lie it didn't go too great date wise. We had a nice chat, but we have nothing in common. I don't really see it going anywhere."

"Awh that's too bad," said Meredith, "but what do you mean 'date wise'?"

I went on to explain what our conversation was about and how I had gotten the number of the guy in New York.

"Wow, that's awesome!" exclaimed Julia. The others agreed.

"I know. I mean I haven't talked to him or anything yet, but if it goes well, I could end up with a big commitment."

Jaime said, "Yeah you're right. But, it's not like you've got anything going on here, you know?"

Meredith agreed, "She's right. Nothing tying you down or holding you here."

We talked a bit more about what would happen if I landed some sort of job, in New York or otherwise. The girls were right, there was nothing keeping me here, but I couldn't help but think of Joey. I would miss him so much if I had to go away. I know we're just friends, but we spent so much time yesterday talking about how much our friendship means. I don't know what I would do if he wasn't just a few minutes away. I tried to get him out of my head, but it wasn't working. We decided to pop in a movie, which was good because that way I wouldn't have to pretend about paying attention to a conversation and I could let my mind wander.

l