Chapter Ten || Their fights are hilarious, but only if you're not included ||

Chapter Ten

|| Their fights are hilarious, but only if you're not included ||

Kiara

Saturday Afternoon.

Saturday rolled around pretty fast. And, this time, I wasn’t dreading the date with Arjun at all. In fact, you could even say I was looking forward to it.

The whole week had passed by in a blur. I only saw James on Monday when I’d gone to meet Arjun after college. He seemed kind of upset about something. But, when I went to his place on Wednesday to check on him, his mother told me he’d gone out with Ben, Elita and Chris. I did wonder for a while why Arjun hadn’t been called as well. Then I realized that they probably assumed that he would be with me.

Alyssa had been behaving pretty weird whenever James’ name was taken. For instance, on Thursday when mom and dad were discussing the accident again, she turned slightly pink when they asked her if she’d been visiting James. I did feel jealous that she’d been receiving more attention from James than me. Apparently, according to her, they’d been going for walks in the garden and had gone shopping together too.

I did feel like asking why I hadn’t been invited at the risk of sounding highly desperate, when I remembered that I had a boyfriend. And, he was a very sweet boyfriend at that. Arjun was the perfect gentleman. He asked me before making plans so I had an input as well. We hadn’t been on another date like the one to Daphne’s so far.

Although we had been to this Chinese food place, but at that time we’d been with Carollyn and Keith who’d met us on the way.  We didn’t feel like telling them that it was a date so we went along with it. Now, in retrospect, I wonder if Carollyn and Keith had been on a date as well and had made up the Economics project excuse not to tell us. Hmm. I’d have to investigate that later. I did have a feeling that those two would be perfect for each other.

I’m finally prepped and ready for my second official date with Arjun. We would be going to the neighbouring ground to play a bit of football. I’m seriously considering letting him know what a disaster I am with sports and calling off the date. But sadly, it’s almost four and he would be here to pick me up at any moment now.

So I grit my teeth and go for it.

I am completely freaking out now. I just realized that this date might just be the one where I might get my first kiss. Oh God.

I didn’t think of this the last time because we weren’t going out then and the attempt at a second date was immediately after college, which meant I was really hungry and couldn’t think straight.

But this time, it’s the real deal.

Oh crap.

He rings the doorbell at four sharp, and it’s a good thing I’m ready on time because Arjun is a punctual freak and well, I’m always a few minutes late for everything. This time there’s no one at home to embarrass me like last time. Dad and mom both are at work and Alyssa is at James’ place. When she told me she was going over, I smiled and waved, while inside I was just seconds away from hitting her and then going over and strangling James or from knocking some sense into his empty head.

They are completely wrong for each other.

Anyway, back to my date.

Unsure of what to wear to play football, I ended up wearing an old jersey I found in the closet. I’m pretty sure it belongs to Alyssa; after all she’s the sports champion of the family. She went to London University on a sports scholarship after all.