Chapter One || The Beginning Of The End ||

It All Started With Amnesia.

A Wattpad Novel by thebookiee

|| The Beginning Of The End ||

Everyone has a story. And, for that story to be narrated it must have a beginning. Everything has a beginning. And, since I’m included in that everything, my story too begins somewhere.

For most of the people who’ve narrated their life story, it begins either on an extraordinary day or an ordinary one. Sometimes, it’s one’s birthday, or the first time you meet someone or maybe even ‘the one’.

My story begins on an ordinary day. It was a warm day, not unexpected in the heat of Mumbai. But, yet the day had a calm, serene feel to it which my gut instinct said would be soon destroyed.

Sure enough, my happy-go-lucky feeling of that day was destroyed when I heard about the accident.

James’ accident.

The one that changed everything.

Every single thing.

____

“Dad!” I yelled over the loud music that was pounding through our walls, courtesy my fifteen year old neighbor. Apparently, for some idiots, puberty is a lost cause.

I sighed. I’m sure he couldn’t hear me. I had to go and tell him. I was contemplating if I should go to dad’s study or not. And, for general knowledge, I wasn’t deliberating that particular decision as if it would affect the teenagers of the world as the loss of internet would because I was afraid of my dad scolding me for disturbing him.

Oh no, that wasn’t why.

It was because I was currently seated on the couch, leisurely tying the laces of my converse and was much too comfortable to make the effort to raise my ass.

Finally, my laziness paid off. That idiot Rohan finally shut his music off, probably because his parents were coming home soon and then he’ll transform into a swotty little brat who is a complete suck up.

I yelled again. “Dad!”

“What is it Kiara?” he answered back, speaking calmly unlike me, I sounded like I was trying to rip out my own larynx. His voice was loud enough to travel without straining it.

I envied his powerful voice.

“I'm leaving. I'll be home by eight thirty, alright? Keith will drop me home. So, don’t worry, kay?” I told him.

But, I knew he’d still worry. All caring fathers do. It’s written in their job description. The one they get when they have a daughter, or in my dad’s case two daughters.

I left after picking up my keys and my purse. It wasn’t a fancy one, a simple one to hold some cash and that was only because I was wearing a top and leggings and neither had pockets.

I walked down the stairs, choosing not to take the elevator. I caught a glance of my reflection in the elevator that was moving downwards. I noticed my face had gotten even more tanned because of all the outdoor practices we’d been doing.

I checked if my hair was still proper, it had a history of having its own mind most of the days. Today, my mix of curly and straight hair was fine. It was straight from the roots till mid length and then boom, it’s curly.

As if my light brown eyes weren’t weird enough.

But, when you look at my face you don’t see that instead of the cute, naïve girl I’m supposed to be, I’m exactly the opposite.