1. An addiction

Hi guys, I will warn you now...this story is very different from your usual story. What you expect to happen won't. If you like original and unique, then this is for you. If you like cliché, then perhaps you won't enjoy. Either way, I decided it was time to write something unique and this was it. I hope you enjoy.

Picture to the side is the original ATB cover - created by moi. :)

Please show your support by voting and commenting.

Happy reading!

***

I have a confession to make.

I have an addiction.

Are you surprised? I wouldn't think so. I mean we're all addicted to something, right? A heavy smoker is addicted to cigarettes. An alcoholic is addicted to alcohol.

Okay, they're extreme examples but you get my gist. There are addictions of the lesser extreme too.

All I'm trying to say is: anything taken to an extreme can become an addiction. Mine is, shall we say, unique. You can get professional help for most addictions but in my case it's not that easy. All I really need to do is talk to someone, a friend, but this is the problem. Who?

I'm not a loner or a recluse but my addiction doesn't allow me to have close friends. If I do, I'll get found out.

This is the other problem. Where there is help for addictions, one has to want help. I don't. Instead, I feed my addiction because, like all addicts, I can't get enough. There's that thrill I get from it. There's the expectation of what's coming. Then there's the glow of happiness I constantly feel. All these feelings are so overwhelming, which means I can't, and won't, do anything about it. It's like a life support. Without it, I'll fall apart.

But like all addictions, there comes a time when enough is enough. Lung cancer, liver poisoning. These can be the result of what happens if an addiction goes unnoticed or untreated. The inevitable will happen.

So what is this addiction I talk of? What caused it?

This is what I'm here to tell you. We all have a story, right? Well, my name is Teresa and this is my story. I am Always the Bride.

***

What do you think Teresa's addiction is? Put your predictions here then read on and find out!

Remember, if you enjoyed this please vote and comment.