Essays, Essays, Essays - These Words short chapter 6

Disclaimer: i do not own the poem ' Have you Ever' . i just edited some lines. anyway, enjoy.

“ Okay, please get your textbooks and turn them to page 37. Read the poem below and write a less complicated essay on what you feel or what you want to say on page 41.” Mrs. Huff  said as she wrote the words “ Essay Writing” on the board with big, loopy letters. Victor looked down at his textbook and began to read the poem.

           HAVE YOU EVER by Tiffany Blevins

Have you ever lived my life?

Spent one minute in my shoes?

If you haven’t, then tell me why

You judge me as you do.

Have you woken up in the morning,

Wondering if this was your last day on Earth?

Have you ever left your house

Unsure if you’d return?

Have you ever sat beneath the stars,

Hoping God will hear?

Have you seen your friend drive away,

Drive away with fear?

Have you ever had a friend,

Experiment with weed?

Have you ever covered up guilt

By doing a good deed?

Have you considered suicide

As the only way?

Have you tried to hide yourself,

Behind the things you say?

Have you ever wanted to protect

Your friends and everyone in sight?

Have you ever felt such pain,

That you cried yourself to sleep at night?

Have you ever lived my life?

Spent one minute in my shoes?

If you haven’t, then tell me why

You judge me as you do.

How sad, Victor thought. But definitely mushy and sentimental.

He let out a huge sigh, turned the page ,and began to write.

It took him 7 minutes and 33 seconds to finish his essay. When he wrote the date on the top of the page,  paused for a moment, began to read his essay for the last time, took a deep breath, and stood up to give his essay. “Well, I suppose Mr. McCann has accomplished his,” Mrs. Huff said with a smile. She began to read his essay, pursing her lips and nodding in some sort of rhythm. “Very well, Mr. McCann, I am giving you an A- for the sloppiness of your handwriting. You may now go back to your seat.” Victor let out yet another exhilarated sigh and walked to his seat. Minutes have passed, and he began to feel bored. He glanced around the room for a moment and... Nothing happened. All of a sudden, the bell rang and students from the other side of the room cheered. “Okay, class. See you all tomorrow.” Well, Victor honestly thought the rest of the day was pretty boring. Lunch was like a glob of octopus guts with neon slime. Trust me, you’d be totally freaked out when you saw it. I know, I know. You’d probably say, ‘How could they be eating those.... stuff?’ Well, they may look like puke, but they taste amazing; like chicken. Moving on, Victor’s quite used to eat such revolting food. When they were little, his arrogant neighbour dared him to eat caviar, or simply fish eggs for a thousand dollars. And, he ate it for the sake of money. His neighbour moved to another town. He had the money. See? Being a McCann is being an animal. Yeah, you could say that. As Victor got off the bus and entered his room, he plopped down and gently closed his eyes, as he waits for tomorrow. 

Have you ever lived my life?

Spent one minute in my shoes?

If you haven’t, then tell me why

You judge me as you do.