9 | Family Reunion

I wake up the next morning on the tour bus. That's funny, I don't even remember going back to the hotel, let alone getting on the tour bus.

Suddenly, the memories from the concert last night invade my brain. Mikey got burnt very badly and had to go to the hospital. I haven't even seen him! I quietly get up from my bunk and go to the one Mikey's usually in. I open the curtain slightly, smiling at his sleeping face. Half of it is bandaged, and I frown. That must hurt.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by my phone vibrating. I take it out of my pocket and walk to the small eating area at the front of the bus, seeing my mum is calling me.

"Hi mum," I say with a smile.

"Hi baby! How's life on the road been?"

"Great, it's so fun. Thanks for letting me go." I can practically hear her smiling.

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. Hey, Ashton's family is going to surprise him, his mum and siblings are coming up for a few days to stay with you all in Manchester." I grin. I love surprises!

"I thought we were only going to be in Manchester one day," I say.

"You are, but Anne and the kids are going to stay another day or two after you leave. She just wants to surprise Ashton when you get there," she says excitedly. I grin and feel butterflies bouncing around in my stomach.

"Cool! Everyone's still sleeping right now, should I tell the other three when they wake up?"

"No, better keep it to yourself," mum says. I nod, still grinning.

"Okay! I'm so excited, I haven't seen Lauren and Harry in forever!" I whisper yell. Mum chuckles.

"I know. Well, have fun bug. I love you." I smile and kiss into the phone.

"Love you too."

I'm so excited for the Manchester show, because mum texted me and told me that Harry will be doing what I did to surprise Luke. He's going to come onstage and play guitar. The other three boys know now, but Ashton doesn't. This is going to be so exciting!

When Ashton wakes up, he groans and walks into the kitchen area of the bus lazily. He rubs his belly, wincing.

"Are you okay Ashy?" I ask, closing the mini fridge. He shrugs and nods.

"Yeah, probably just a little sore from all those shows," he says, ruffling his messy bed hair. I nod and run my fingers through my own hair, trying to untangle it. I grab my brush and run it through my long blonde hair quickly, then pull it into a ponytail.

Once the other boys have gotten up, we laze around the bus, waiting to arrive in Manchester. I get a text from Lauren, who's just found out she's coming to Manchester.

I text her back, telling her how excited I am to see Ashton's reaction. Luke and Ashton are both super protective of us, especially when it comes to boys. Lauren is older than me, she's twelve, so she talks to boys a little more often than I do. When Ashton finds out, he always gets upset. It's quite funny to watch, though.

I can hardly contain myself when it's finally time for the boys' Manchester show. Lauren, Harry and Anne are already here, hiding in one of the dressing rooms the guys don't use. I run over and hug them all as soon as they go onstage and start their introduction. Lauren hugs me so hard I can't breathe, but we both just squeal and laugh. We've been great friends since our brothers met when they were little.

"Harry, come on, it's almost time for you," a crew member says. Harry grins and follows the man, and we follow him.

"Harry's gotten so big!" I say. Anne nods.