Chapter 9

Denise's POV:

I was blasting "Say yes" in my room when my phone rang. It was Carnell. I hesitated. I wanted him to feel like I did. But I finally answered.

Me: Hello

Carnell: Hey Denise... How are you?

Me: I'm good. 

Carnell: Ok... Hum. I wanted to talk to you. Could you come over please? 

Me: When?

Carnell: Now, if you can.

Me: Okay. See you in a bit.

It took me 30 minutes to get there.

Adrian: Hey cutie!! Long time no see! 

Me: Yeah I know! I've been really busy lately.

Adrian: Hum... If you say so! Haha Carnell's in his room! :)

----------------------------------

Me: Hey.

Carnell: Hey. You did quick.

Me: Yeah. 

Carnell: So... I don't want to turn around the topic too long. I asked you to come,first coz I wanted to apologize for my behavior of these past few days. I was wrong. I should have talked to you at least.

Me:...

Carnell: I really love you Denise... but... I think we should slow things down. 

Me: What do you mean?

Carnell: I think we should take a break... For now.

Me:... Wow... (A tear came out of nowhere)

Carnell: Now that's what I'm talking about! You play the victim! 

Me: What do you mean I play the victim? Are you insane?You tell me it's over after a year and half and you want me to jump and smile? What did you expect?!

Carnell: I said we should take a BREAK. Don't you speak english?! 

Me: YOU DON'T NEED TO YELL AT ME!

Carnell: YOU'RE THE ONE YELLING! 

Me: I DON'T EVER WANNA HEAR ABOUT YOU ANYMORE! ASSHOLE! 

I stood up and ran outside, passing Ms Adrian, Dustin and Patrick. I couldn't control my tears anymore. I needed to go home. It was enough. 

Dustin's POV

I saw mom walking towards Carnell's room so I followed her.

Adrian: What is wrong with you Carnell?

Carnell: What?

Adrian: Why did you break up with her?

Carnell: It's just a break. I needed some space.

Adrian: I hope you're aware that it's not just a break. I swear to God,you men! 

Patrick: I'm going to check on her! I'll let you know what happens. 

Me: Okay. Mom, you should go rest a little bit. I'll take care of this.

Adrian: She was so respectful and honest. I hope you know what you just lost. 

She storms out of the room.

Me: What happened dude?

Carnell: I needed some space man.

Me: You didn't need to break up to have some space. You could have just asked her. She would have understood.

Carnell:...

Me: Do you realise that you screwed your relationship over a stupid doubt about having something serious? Man...

Carnell:...

Me: I'll always be here for you tho. Tell me if you need anything. (I hug him)

Carnell: Thanks. I should go apologize to mom. 

Me: Lol, yeah I think you better do that. You don't wanna lose the two women of your life the same day! Lol

Carnell: Ha ha (sarcastic) 

____________________________

Xoxo