Secrets, Change and New Things

Jade POV

"Look there's an ice cream parlor open," i pointed to a shop that was a bit farther away. I started walking towards it pulling Harry with me. 

"I thought you were the quiet one?" Harry chuckled.

"Ice cream is a very good topic to be excited about," i retorted.

I continued to pull Harry with me towards the parlor. Then he stopped and i couldn't pull him no longer.

"Why did you stop Harry?" I stopped trying to pull him and turned around to look at him. He was smiling like a Cheshire cat, ear to ear.

"You're beautiful when you're happy," he said awed. I rolled my eyes. He had stopped me from getting my hands on a delicious creamy delight to tell me that I looked beautiful when I smile. 

"Thanks. But if you're just going to stand there and smile like a creep than i'll just go in by myself," i dropped Harry's hand and continued my walk towards the ice cream parlor myself. 

I walked into the ice cream parlor and the bell rung on the door, warning the guy behind the counter that there were customers. I walked past several white tables and their accompanying bright pink and yellow chairs. I stood before the counter and cleared my voice to grab the ice cream guy's attention.

"Oh, yes how may i help you?" The man, who was really a boy around my age turned around and we both stood there shock to see each other.

"Could i get a chocolate cone and vanilla one," i stammered.

The boy's hazel eyes continued to stare at me as he walked closer to the ice cream. Without looking he grabbed two ice cream cones. He continue to stare at me as he scooped the ice cream and walked back. I didn't let go of his stare either. The bell rung once again, but i didn't look back at who walked in. I couldn't care less. 

"Love, did you get- are you okay?" Harry noticed the silent words being exchange between me and the boy.

Neither the boy and i looked at Harry. We just continued staring at each other. He walked closer to the counter.

"Here you are, that will be £3," he said. I fumbled for my money in my pockets but Harry beat me to it. The boy handed me the cones and he took the money. I watched him as he went to get Harry his change. 

"Is everything, okay love?" He whispered in my ear.

The boy watched Harry and his closeness to me.

"Here you go," the boy handed Harry his change briefly letting go of our gaze.

"Is that your boyfriend?" He asked. I opened my mouth but my voice failed me. 

"Thank you, come on Love lets go," Harry ignored him, grabbed his cone from my hand and then grabbed my empty hand and began to pull me out.

"Wait Jade, i'm sorry that's none of my business. Here take this, call me, we need to talk," he walked out from behind the counter and jogged over to us. He took out a piece of paper out his pocket and quickly jotted down his phone number on it. He handed it to me and i took it deliberately. I looked at it and then stuffed it in my pocket. 

"Sure," i said. Harry looked at him, staring him down but the boy just shrugged him off and gave me a smile. I smiled back and just continued to stare at him. I had not seen him since i was young.