Mine.

I woke up in his arms the next morning. It made me feel like everything was okay. Nothing had ever been better. But deep down,I knew it wasn't the truth.
I started to get up when I heard him say,"Meray say phir bhaag rahi hou?"
I ignored him and moved aside on the bed but he got hold of my wrist.
"Hussain..."
"Hania. I'm sorry. Maaf kerdou,ainda aisa nai houga. Meri ghalti nai thi. Yeh sab jaisa dikh raha hei waisa nai hei."
"Office sei late hourahay hou."
How can I still be mad at him?
He got up from the bed and took me in his arms and hugged me. I loved the way he smelled. The same light scent that always came from him.
"Come with me?" He whispered in my ear. He took me to the cupboard in our room and opened a small drawer. His drawer,that I had never bothered opening.
He took out this small diary and handed it to me. I opened it and the first page had a date written on the top and the rest of the page was filled with his writing.

13th septmeber
A new girl came to our class today. She looked really shy but I can tell she's the smartest. I like her hair. The way they fall on her face when she bends down to write and how she tugs them beneath her ear but they never remain still. She's pretty. 

"The day you joined my college and I first saw you..." Hussain said,his hands at his back.
My eyes were already sore from crying so much last night but a few tears still managed to fall through my eyes. Hussain took the diary from my hands and put it away. Then he wiped the tears off my face and I didn't stop him this time.
"I wont say I loved you since the day I saw you. But the day you told me about how you think 'romance' is real. And how love actually exists. And how people who are cynical enough to not believe in true happiness annoy you. That's when I knew I had to make you
mine. That's when I loved you. And that love hasn't decreased. And it never will."
I knew now that Hussain had started liking me after the Sara incident,because that's when I had joined college. A year later.

I had no energy left in me to question him more. Or maybe I knew all the answers and I didn't want to question him. We had been married for more than a year now,things like this happen everyday in the lives of married couples. They don't leave the person just like that. Not when they're so madly in love.

Hussain was silent. So was I. He had my hands in his,his breathing was slow. Steady. Maybe he knew I'd forgiven him. Or maybe he had given up.

"Lets take a bath?",I asked him. And his eyes returned to their original brightness. And his smile was the same,the one that I loved. And he looked like the Hussain I had fallen in love with two years ago. My Hussain.
He kissed my forehead for so long,it felt like the time had stopped.

We had this big bath tub in our washroom and this was the first time that we had decided to take a bath together. We sat inside the hot water tub,my back to his chest. His hands on my shoulders and my hands on his knees. We weren't saying much,but this still made us feel the most peaceful we had been since the past two nights. Hussain put his lips on my shoulder and a shiver ran down my spine. Why does he still,after almost two years,have the same effect on me? We stayed like that for quite a long time,just sitting. Not saying anything. Thinking about each other. Pondering over whatever had happened. And what was to come.

Before Hussain left for office,he kissed me. Like old times. It hasn't been that long.
"Agar aaj aisa kuch aya,tou please khud hi dekh ker phenk deina. I'm so not ready for another night of you crying and telling me you hate me."
"I can never hate you." I whispered.
He opened the door and went outside but before I could close the door,he pushed it open again,a smile on his face and said,"at least you took a bath with me,finally."
That made me laugh.