The package.

In the evening,Hussain told me about the thing which had him occupied since last night. It was a friend who had some 'personal' issues. I'm not sure if I understood what Huss meant by 'personal issues',but I honestly couldn't care less for his friend. However mean that made me sound.

We watched a movie,and despite my constant demanding to watch a romantic movie,Hussain was only up for a scary one. So,we settled on a thriller. Yeh ziddi hei bohat,leikin mei issay zada.

*next morning*

The alarm went off at around 11 pm and we woke up. We had to visit Shehry (Hussain's brother) and his wife and their parents. I got ready in around 15 minutes,while Hussain being the kind of guy he is,took almost an hour. Just doing his hair.
The drive to Hussain's parents house was fun. We sang to stupid cheap songs at the top of our lungs and then laughed like idiots. Their house was 3 or something hours away from us.

"Haye,meray bachay. Mei aageyi yaad tum logon ko?",said Hussain's amma the moment we entered their house.
We payed our salams to both amma and abba (I called Hussain parents amma and abba and so did he) and then Shehry's wife came. She was a thin,long girl with nice hair and lovely eyes. She was really nice and it was always fun being with her. We hugged and then went to the living room.
After about 10 minutes,Shehry barged in and exclaimed,"oho,bhabi. Aap yaha? Yeh kaisay hougeya? Kal hi tou aap nei call ker kei kaha tha kei aap hamari ammi ki waja sei iss ghar nai ati?". He was smirking. We all laughed because we knew he was only kidding,Hussain's mother was sitting beside me and when Shehry said this,she said,"Chup ker tu. Mujhay pata hei meri beti ka" and she took my hands in hers. Shehry laughed and hugged Hussain and nodded salam to me.
Maha was at her school and when she came back,she was so surprised and happy to see us she almost screamed! It was a really fun day with all of them,even though I noticed Hussain and Shehry sharing some secret after dinner. They were talking very seriously,Shehry looking really concerned.

After dinner,we went home. I asked Hussain if everything was okay,he just nodded,not saying anything,looking ahead of him on the road with a lost look on his face.

That night,Hussain's phone rang three times before he turned it off. I didn't ask him about it,because I knew he was in a bad mood. He didn't ask me to slide in with him and stay in his arms for the night either. It made me feel like something was actually really wrong.

The next morning,Hussain seemed a bit off. He went to his office without making an eye contact with me,only barely hugging me before he left. I was watching tv at around 3 pm,three hours before Huss came home,when someone rang the door bell. I checked merely to see a package at the door. It was for Hussain. I had to resist my urge to open it. When Hussain came home and opened it,his face turned red. Inside was a t-shirt and a card. With hearts on it. Yeh kia hou raha hei.
"Hussain?",I questioned. But he remained silent.
"Um,would you like to tell me what's going on?"
"I don't know..." He said. He did look pretty lost but what the hell was going on?
I took the card from him and when I read it,I felt...numb. The card read:

hello,sain. i hope u still remember me and all the fun times we had  in college! and this shirt,which u forgot in my room that night.
yours forever,
sara

"Hania...",I heard him say but I didn't have the energy to listen to him. I DID want an explanation but not right now. Not when I felt like dying. I raised a hand,signalling him to stop.
Then I went over to the couch and sat there,the card still in my hand. Hussain came over and sat beside me.