Unforgettable Memories (Denis and Lily)

“Sweetheart, it’s not the end of the world I promise you that.”

“Mom can we just not talk, please…”

“We have to talk some time. Look I know you’re mad at me for making you move to the middle of no where but you know why we did it.”

“I know you’ve told me a million times could you just drop it please,” I said in a angered tone.

She closed her mouth and looked back at the road starting to drive after the light turned green; I sat staring out the window as the car pasted from big city rush hour to mid town traffic, where there were only a few cars on the street. I was being taken from the only home I knew in New Jersey to the tiny town of Oak haven. That’s just great, new people and more then likely new enemies for me to make, I couldn’t wait. Besides who in that town would understand me really, I mean look at me dark hair that falls in my eyes, tight shirts and long skinny jeans, who else could possibly dress like this; there were barely any people in New Jersey as is. This town was going to be the death of me.

Hours later when I opened my eyes, after sleeping for 6 hours, I saw the car past a sign that said, “Welcome to Oak Haven; population 500.” Oh great a town where everyone knows who you are; this was definitely going to be my personal hell.

My mom pulled up to a house with three stories that looked like it hadn’t seen a person in a least a few hundred years. The window pains were chipped and broken, the gutters were over flowing with leaves, the houses paint was nearly gone and the yard was covered in dead grass and leaves; nothing like New Jersey were the grass needed little attendance and the houses were clean, at least on the out side.

Mom got out of the car and walked to the trunk grabbing a few boxes and walking them into the old, haunted looking house. I got out of the car and stood in front of the house and looked it up and down, not believing I was about to start living here.

The leaves crunched under my step and the whole place felt dead, I know I have a few issues but never this deep. Jeez was my mom punishing me for what I did, if so I was in BIG trouble.

I gripped my skelabat backpack and walked up the creaking stairs to the ancient house. I opened the front door and turned on the lights revealing furniture already sitting in the house. This wasn’t furniture like a couch and entertainment system but rather fire place chairs and old woven rugs with candy dishes of crystal. The kitchen at least looked a little more modern, although the stove looked like it boiled a few witch potions. I walked up stairs to claim my room before my three brothers and sister got there; maybe this time I’ll actually get the room I want not leftovers.

I walked slowly up the stairs afraid of falling through them, to my dismay they were stable. I walked up to the second floor and found 4 rooms, which meant someone would have to share and that usually meant me. I walked back to the balcony over looking the foyer and looked around.

My mom came through the door carrying two boxes and I said, “Hey mom I thought you said this was 5 bedrooms.”

“It is there’s one down here and there should be 4 up there.”

“Well I counted 3 not 4.”

“Well look around maybe its hidden somewhere I don’t know.”

I sighed and rolled my eyes walking back down the hall to look at the rooms when I past the last room on the left, the floor creaked and I stopped. I looked to my left and down at the floor where there was a crack about the size of a door. I knocked on the wall and found it was hollow, I ran my hand down the length trying to find the opening, when I couldn’t I pounded my fist on the wall and it clicked open. I pulled the wall open and saw a spiral stair case, I followed the stairs and stepped into an open room with a nice king sized bed and a side slanted window. The room was decorated in the medieval style and dust which was to be expected but maybe I could live with this room with a little more decorating, it could pass as my room.