Unforgettable Memory (cont.)

“Lilly? Wow, haven’t heard that name in a while; what makes you bring her up?”

“She’s in all my classes only her name is Lilith and her hair is short and choppy.”

“Wow that’s a big bomb to drop like that.”

“Yea well I didn’t know that it was her until she found out my name and went all depressed and mad on me. Then mom showed me these pictures and the notes we used to write,” I said pulling them out from beneath me and handing them to Tim.

“Oh yea I forgot how pretty she was; you know I didn’t think it was right to make you suppress her like that from your memory; actually I didn’t have a say, mom and dad did it so that you would stop being depressed.”

“But pain goes away eventually doesn’t it?”

“Not all the time little man, sometimes it holds on to you until you can’t take it anymore and you break.”

“How would you know?”

“I know more then you think.”

“What to you mean?”

“Do you remember Becka?”

“Yea, you were practically in love with her; wait what ever happened to her?”

“She dumped me saying that she couldn’t handle dating someone when their always on leave. It hurt me bad and I didn’t just jump off the deep end I flew off the deep end.”

“Still not catching the memo here.”

He pulled up his jacket sleeves and showed the underside of his arms. Gashes and cuts ran all up and down his arms, and his face told me they weren’t accidental.

“You cut yourself?”

“Yea, I thought if I couldn’t have her in my heart then why let it continue beating.”

“Oh,” I said turning and facing the ground.

“Now look, I’m definitely not telling you to do that if things don’t work out but don’t let one girl ruin all of them ok. Besides if god has a different plan, go with it and don’t blame him for what you lose.”

“Thanks Tim,” I said looking up and smiling.

He looked at his watch and said, “Oh, I gotta go or their gonna dock me. I’ll see you in a few months.”

“Ok and don’t forget to write; mom gets worried.”

“I wont, later little man,” he said walking out the door.

That night memories started flooding back about Lilly and it was Lilith with long hair and happier, but maybe it was my fault for the way she was now. I had to fix things even if it meant clearing it up and just staying friends, but I wasn’t going to let this get in the way of me losing her for a second time.

The next morning my alarm went off and my mom was running around after the little ones. I walked out and grabbed Libby as she was running by my room.

“Thanks sweetie,” my mom said standing up straight and wiping her forehead.

“No problem, you need any help with Luke and Lyon?”

“No I think their starving so I’ll just go make breakfast and they will find their way over there.”

“Ok well I’ll bring Libby down.”

“Ok.”

Libby looked at me and said, “Meanie.”