All in one Day (August and Conner)

Ever had that one moment when you looked at someone and immediately felt that strong connection or that feeling you were going to make the biggest difference in that person’s life? Well that’s exactly what happened to me. Now tell me this, ever had one of those moments that happened all in a day? Well if not listen to my story, because it all happened to me.

It was January 11th and about 5 o’clock in the morning. I have insomnia so I couldn’t sleep so I decided to go for a walk. The cool snowflakes sat still on the ground before the sun even showed its face. As I turned the corner on the block I saw a moving truck pulling into a vacant house. I stopped and watched a family of 4 get out of the car following the truck. An older woman and man got out of the front seats. A girl about a year older than me stepped out of the back listening to an Ipod. The one I noticed most was a boy about 2 years older than me stepped out and stretched. I stopped dead in my tracks and watched him. His tall slim body stretched up towards the sky, his shaggy blonde hair fell around his face. Hi noticed me standing by the street watching him, so he decided to walk over to me.

“Hey, I’m Connor,” he said reaching out his hand smiling.

“August,” I said shaking his hand and smiling back at him.

“August, like the month?”

“Yeah,” I said laughing. “So are you moving in?”

“Yeah my mom got tired of the city and decided to move down here.”

“Oh ok, well I live down the street, I think you will like it here, its pretty calm.”

“Yeah; not to mention the snow,” he said looking at the ice covered ground.

“You like the snow?”

“Oh yeah, I love it actually we moved up here for more of a physical reason,” he said looking at his feet putting his hands in his back pockets.

“What do you mean?”

“Ah its nothing, well I’m sure you don’t want to help unpack but if you ever want to hang out you know where I live.”

“Um ok,” I said smiling, “I’ll see you around.”

“Later,” he said waving and running into his new house.

I continued my walk but my mind just wondered back to Connor, there was something about him; that much I knew. The only thing that bothered me was I couldn’t figure out what it was, but I intended to find out.

When I got home I walk through the door and was immediately attacked by my screaming mom.

“Where have you been?”

“I just went for a walk, chill out mom.”

“Where did you go?”

“Around the block, I was only gone for 30 minutes.”

“I don’t care; I have to be at the doctor’s office in 20 minutes. Watch your little brother,” she screamed pointing at the playpen. “Oh and your grounded for a week.”

“What?!”

“When I have to be somewhere, you’re here watching Mark ok. I need you here anyways, it’s not like you have a social life.”

“MOM!” I yelled after her but she was already out the door.

I took a deep breath and plunged myself on the couch. Mark was staring at me so I walked over and picked him up; he sat on my lap while I turned on SpongeBob. About 2 minutes after I was comfortable he looked at me and said, “Hungry, sissy, hungry.”