10. I Hope You Realize I Love You

Chapter 10

Kurt Hummel awoke alone early that Monday morning. The strong light from his lamp was to much for his eyes to take as he panicked and flicked them open. Remembering just what had happened the night before. He looked to the side of the bed. No Blaine. He scanned the room. No Blaine. "Shit." His eyes were puffy and swollen from staying up until 4am crying. It was now 6am and he had to get up for school. The young, beauty obsessed boy got up and completely skipped his morning moisturizing routine, he just didn't care. Kurt threw on a pair of jeans and a shirt, pulling on his studded boots and messing with his hair a minute before adding a little bit of hairspray.

"Morning son." Burt sat eating a piece of toast at the table. Finn was nowhere to be seen, no surprise considering he had no school for 2 weeks. "Where's Blaine? I never heard him come in last night?" Kurt stopped going to the fridge and sat on the chair next to his father.

"That's because he didn't dad. I'm seriously worried about him. Where is he?" Kurt cried in to Burt shoulder as he was pulled in to a hug.

"Well, where was he last night? Do you know where he went?"

"He said he was round at Quinn's place, they went for ice-cream apparently, but no-one's seen them since. But dad we had a fight before he went out." Kurt continued to wail in to his father's shoulder until Carole came over to hug him.

"Oh Kurt hon. What was the fight about? I'm sure Blaine will be fine now! His battery's probably dead or something!"

"Dead." Kurt squealed at the word, and then figured he should carry on. "We were arguing about New York! And next year. It all got out of hand. He stormed off and said he was going to Quinn's."

"Okay hon okay. I'll get you something to eat and you sit here and talk to your dad about the argument." Carole let go of her stepson and went to make him some food. He looked a mess.

"You didn't say anything stupid in this argument did you Kurt?"

"No of course not dad! If your insinuating I told him to go die or something! I said nothing. We were arguing about how he led me on about saying he was coming to New York and now he thinks he's not."

"Kurt, do you understand that it's his choice where he moves to. If the boy wants to go to California, let him make his own decisions about next year."

"Dad you really don't get the point in what I'm discussing here do you? My boyfriend is missing. M-i-s-s-i-n-g! I'm really worried about him!" Kurt's cries had turned in to slight sobs as he let his mind wander once again to the worst scenarios.

"I know son I know. I'm sorry, I've got to get to the garage. I say you go to school. See if he's there. If you don't see him by 3rd period I want you to phone me and I'll get in touch with the police, okay? Now eat something!" His dad ordered ruffling the boys styled hair and leaving the room.

"He will be okay hon. I promise." Carole smiled handing Kurt a plate of toast.

~O~

McKinley High Glee Club rehearsal periods 1-4

"Brit! Brit!" Kurt shouted running down the hall way of the familiar school. Kurt had just arrived at school and Brittany was the first person he'd seen who had seen Blaine since he had.

"Oh hey Kurt how you-" He cut off the confused girl and got straight down to business.

"Brit, have you seen or heard anything from Blaine since last night?"

"No." She said simply and turned away from Kurt, it was always going to be a long shot asking Brittany anything.

"Hey Hummel!" Kurt turned around to be faced by Puck. "Your with us today, we agreed on Saturday that you and Blaine are gonna hang with us from now on. Stop Karofsky bothering you." Puck looked around at the rest of 'his boys' as they all nodded in agreement.