8. The Best Boyfriend

Chapter 8

"Happy Birthday!" Kurt jumped on top of his boyfriend early on the Saturday morning.

"Good morning beautiful, thank you." He smiled looking up at the younger boy lay on top of him. "Aren't you a little happy for this time in the morning?"

"Of course I'm happy Blaine! It's your birthday so it means I get to spoil you today." Kurt grinned pressing soft kisses to Blaine's lips. "Now get up, I have a full day planned for us!"

"Kurt you don't have to! It's only a birthday."

"Blaine! Don't let Carole hear you say it's only a birthday! It's not only a birthday, it's your birthday and I love you! I've saved up tones of money from working at the garage so we're going to have a day on me today! Okay?"

"If you say so." Blaine had to admit he was a little excited to have someone take notice of his birthday for once. He hadn't had a party since he was very small and that would have been arranged by his grandparents, before they died.

"Now get up! Be downstairs in 15 minutes for your birthday breakfast!"

"You get birthday breakfast in this house?" Blaine's eyes lit up at the promise of food.

"Of course! Hurry up." Kurt climbed off his boyfriend and left the room. Blaine ran his hands through his hair, he let himself let out a little squeal of happiness, how lucky did he have to be to find someone like Kurt Hummel? They boy was amazing, beautiful, special, ambitious and most of all he really loved Blaine. He never thought he would get so lucky in life.

"Happy birthday hon!" Carole cried upon seeing Blaine come down the stairs. The house was decorated with balloons and banners saying 'Happy 18th Birthday'. Blaine had never seen anything like it. Carole threw her arms around the small boy and ushered him to the kitchen table where a mountain of food waited along with a few wrapped presents and the rest of his new family.

"This looks amazing! But you guys really didn't have to do any of this!"

"Blaine stop complaining and enjoy it! You get a birthday once a year! And you'll never be 18 again." Carole had a point, he intended to make the most of his day.

"Happy birthday Blaine." Burt said handing the boy a card when he sat down.

"Thank you Burt." Blaine looked hopeful opening the card he was given. Finn sat staring at him opening the card, a little hopeful. He opened the card and another wallet was placed inside, once he'd read though the card he moved on to the second wallet. "Oh god! Really?" Blaine looked inside shocked at what was placed inside as his gift. "Season tickets to the college football? Seriously?"

"Seriously kid, me, you and Finn! Every game of the season!" Burt looked at him excitedly. Blaine had guessed Finn already knew about this. Burt and Blaine had engaged in many conversations about college football, how they supported, who were doing best in a particular game and they occasionally sat and watched the games together. Kurt was proud that his family and boyfriend were getting on so well.

"Seriously this is so generous! Thank you so much! It's going to be a blast!" Blaine said excitedly.

"Blaine these are from Kurt's grandparents, and Louise." Carole handed the boy some more cards, on which when he opened the one from Kurt's grandparents a fifty dollar bill fell out.

"Woah!" Finn exclaimed. "How is it I've known them longest and all I get is $20?"

"Finn, you're not 18 yet!" Kurt protested. "That's nice of them." He smiled to Blaine who was still in his own world, shocked at the generosity of Kurt's family.