1. Are you ready?

Chapter 1

Slowly, the morning sun began to reach the warm window of Kurt Hummel’s bedroom and he began to stir growing ever uncomfortable. “Boy’s get up! You’re going to be late for school!” Kurt’s father shouted through the solid wooden door to Kurt’s bedroom. Kurt began to move even more, becoming aware of what time it was until his boyfriend pulled him closer to him using his strong arms. Time’s like these were precious to Kurt. A year ago he never even imagined himself being in any situation similar to this one. He never imagined himself meeting the one person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. Especially one as perfect as Blaine was. “Whatsump babe?” Blaine mumbled in to Kurt’s shoulder as he continued to sleep on. Kurt looked at him and stared blankly, hoping he would remember what today was. “Oh yeah!” Blaine perked up and sat straight looking directly in to Kurt’s blue eyes. “I love you?” Blaine shrugged and leaned down for an early morning kiss from his boyfriend. Their soft lips touched and Kurt lifted himself in to the kiss, feeling it grow he attempted to slip his tongue in to Blaine’s mouth. “No.” Blaine breathed in to the kiss and dragged his lips from the younger boys. “We’ve got to get up! Big day today babe. Do you want the first shower or me?”
“You can, I can’t be arsed moving. And you need longer to sort your hair out.” Kurt giggled while ruffling his hair. Each curl from Blaine’s head interlocked with his fingers. “Alright then.” Blaine sighed and moved over his body half heartedly. Kurt snuggled back down in his bed, it just wasn’t the same anymore without Blaine lying next to him.

                “Hey Kurt. Kurt. Kurt.” Finn forcefully shouted from outside the door. “What?!” The younger boy snapped allowing his brother to enter his room. “Dude! All I only wanted to know if I could use your shower...I take it Blaine’s in there?” Finn trailed off realising that he now felt stupid for interrupting Kurt. “Yes he is Finn. What’s wrong with your shower? You have one to yourself, how is someone possibly in there?” Kurt’s judgemental side came out as he eyes Finn up and down. “...I broke it.” His head hung in shame, how did Finn manage to break his shower? It was only him ever using it, Kurt and Blaine had to share a shower. “What? You...how? You know what...I don’t even want to know what you did! Go ask your mum, my dad’s already downstairs.”
“Okay, thanks dude.” Finn abruptly left the room, leaving Blaine to re-enter, towel wrapped around his waist and one her was drying his hair with. “What do you think, curly or gelled?” He questioned his boyfriend who was still lying in bed with no plans to move. “Curly!” Kurt ginned back getting excited about the prospect of Blaine’s hair being natural for the day. The feeling Kurt got from running his fingers through his hair was amazing, and now he would be with him all day every day it mean more opportunities would arise. “Get up Kurt! It’s almost 7 thirty! Take a shower already!” Blaine pulled him up from the bed which Kurt took this as his excuse to climb on to Blaine’s lap. He placed his arms around Blaine’s neck and in return he felt warm hands grip his small waist. “I love you Blaine Anderson.”
“I love you too Kurt Hummel.” Kurt jumped off Blaine’s knees and made his way to the bathroom. “Hey I can’t go anywhere without the towels Blaine.” His eyebrow rose knowing that Blaine would happily give up the one around his waist in return to keep the one for drying his hair. Blaine snapped the towel from his waist and held his package. “Thanks.” Kurt smirked feeling Blaine tapping his butt.

                “So Blaine, are you excited about your first day?” Carole quizzed him over breakfast that morning. “I’m okay about it I suppose. I’m happy because obviously I have Kurt, and the rest of the guys there I know. But I really do miss David and Wes, and I hate the fact I will be going up against my team at Nationals!”
“Hey! The New Directions are your team now! Deal with it Blaine your one of us!” Kurt grunted. You see, today was Blaine Andersons first day at McKinley. It was the start of a new school year and it seemed like the perfect time for Blaine to transfer. Once Kurt left Dalton last year, the 4 weeks without him was hell. The fact that it was a 2 hour drive back to Lima didn’t help either and Blaine found himself getting more and more depressed as each day passed. Kurt never expected Blaine to transfer to McKinley, after all he’d moved from a previous school to Dalton a few years previously. He never expected Blaine to follow him back to Lima, away from his education, friends and family. Even though Blaine’s parents didn’t live near McKinley, they didn’t live near Dalton either. Blaine’s family were going through yet another rough patch anyway so Blaine would have paid anything to have gotten out of that house! The Hummel’s had made an agreement with the Andersons that if Blaine was certain on transferring then Blaine would stay with them for school time and Blaine would go home a few days every holiday to spend some time with his family. It seemed a fair deal considering the Hummel’s had already accepted Blaine in to their family. Blaine didn’t really mind about not seeing his family. He hated his home. Both his parent’s had never really accepted his sexuality, and they were both to busy working to care. His older brother Matt had moved out long before Blaine had announced his sexuality to the family, and Blaine hadn’t really seen Matt since, considering he was almost 40 now. To say Blaine and his parents never really got on was an understatement, but they gave him every possession he could have ever wished to own. His family were rich, very rich. And he knew that no matter how much he hated his parents, one day all the money will be his and he would be able to support Kurt easily for the rest of their lives. “I know, I’m sorry my love but I have been a part of the Warbler’s for 2 years, they were like my family.” Blaine looked down with a sad expression growing across his face. Kurt reached over and put his arm around the smaller boy, hoping it would provide some comfort for him. He would clearly be nervous about his first day at McKinley and talking about how much he missed Dalton would not help.

                “Dude, are you catching a ride with me and Rachel or not?” Finn questioned Kurt as he sat in the lounge waiting for Blaine to finish upstairs. “No, we’re taking my car today. I’ll see you in Glee club today though, after lunch remember!” Kurt always had to remind Finn of his schedule for the day before they actually arrived at school. “Thanks man. I’ll be at glee.” Finn turned around after squeezing Kurt’s shoulder and left the house on his way to pick up Rachel, his girlfriend and one of Kurt’s very best friends. Finn and Kurt hadn’t always had a great step brother relationship. Once Carol and Burt had announced the big move in together, it did cause a lot of drama between the boys, something neither of them was particularly proud of as time moved on. “Finally Blaine Warb- Anderson!” Kurt exclaimed at Blaine’s arrival downstairs. “I’m sorry, I just didn’t think.” Kurt apologised after seeing the sadness run over Blaine’s puppy face once again. Kurt had gotten used to calling Blaine, Blaine ‘Warbler’ as a joke because all of his friends assumed his last name was Warbler. Well he couldn’t joke anymore because he was no longer a Warbler, he was a New Direction.  “Kurt? Is that my cardigan?” Blaine laughed loudly at the sight of his boyfriend wearing his clothes for the first time. “Yes it is actually Blaine. Doesn’t it look so good?”

“Yeah, it does actually.” Blaine caught Kurt’s hips mid spin and pulled him close, pushing his lips towards Kurt’s. “Why are you wearing my clothes?” Blaine mumbled in to Kurt’s lips. “Because it looks good! And I like wearing something of yours; it makes me feel closer to you.” Well at that moment in time, the two boys couldn’t have physically have gotten closer to each other. Their foreheads were pressed together as they looked in to each other eyes, and Blaine had pulled their bodies so close they could keep a single piece of paper between their stomachs. “You’re such a sentimental goofball!” Blaine chuckled to himself and pressed his lips to Kurt’s passionately. “Boy’s, get to school!” Burt, Kurt’s father walked in to the room, avoiding looking at them. He was comfortable with Blaine staying there, he really was, he wouldn’t have offered his home if he wasn’t happy with them together. However he didn’t want to have to watch them kissing in front of him, he had the same rule for Finn and Rachel. “Oh god I’m so sorry dad! We’re just leaving!” Kurt pushed the smaller boy off him and collected his bag from the couch. “Have a good day boys. Kurt don’t forget to take Blaine to Figgins when you get there! Don’t just take him to your classes!” Burt ordered his son looking up from the newspaper in his hands. “Okay dad, bye.”
“Bye Mr Hummel.” Blaine said shutting the front door.

                “You don’t still have to call my father Mr Hummel you know.” Kurt announced closing the door to his Navigator. A present he got for his sixteenth birthday, however it did take a beating as Mercedes threw a brick through the front window once... “I know I don’t but it’s just a respect thing isn’t it?” Blaine’s hazel eyes stared deeply in to Kurt’s as he pulled his seat belt around him. “I suppose so. But you really don’t have to!” Blaine sighed sinking down in his seat.

                “Are you ready for his Blaine Anderson?” Kurt turned off his engine after finding a parking space at his school. He let out a long breath as he places his hands firmly on the wheel and looked to Blaine. “I think so.” Blaine said sceptically. “You’ll be fine! It’s not like you don’t know any of these guys!” Masses of red slushie spread over Kurt’s window screen as 3 football players walked past. “Welcome back! Lady!” One of them announced as Kurt flung open his door. “You WILL get getting a bill for this!” Kurt practically screamed down the path to the boys. “Egh...” He shook his head and sat back down with Blaine in the car. “Welcome to McKinley! So, you ready?”
“As I’ll ever be.”