The White House- Chapter 3

Ahhhhh!!! I made it to #1 on the What's Hot!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for reading my story and I hope that this chapter lives up to the previous ones :)

And yeah, sorry for any spelling or sentences that just don't make sense lol.

****************

Chapter 3

The end of dinner slowly approached and the conversation had soon turned to plans and details over what was going to happen in the following year. Mom and Dad were completely beside themselves with joy and I couldn't help but smile at the happiness I had brought them. I'm not totally heartless. The fact that I could make my parents so cheerful by doing the President a favour sweetened the sour taste in my mouth and made the thought of the following year more bearable.

However, much to my aggravation, Kasper was still smiling smugly, pitching in on the conversation every now and then when he thought appropriate. Whenever he spoke my hands would tighten against the wood of the chair until my knuckles went white. I would be having some serious words with him when we got a chance to talk in private. What he did was not only cruel but also manipulative. Did he really hate me so much that he felt he could make my life a living hell?

"Well, if they maybe meet up at a coffee shop in a few days time they will get coverage about being together before they go back to college, then it will seem more serious. Rather than them just turning up together," Mom droned on.

"Yes, that's a good idea Linda. We have to make it seem like they have been in love with each other for years." Rose replied, making me feel sick at the mention of the 'L' word. How was I supposed to look like I loved him when all I wanted to do was pick up a shovel and hit over the head with it? I have to admit though, I would find this whole scenario hilarious if it wasn't happening to me.

"Excuse me," I announced, getting up from the table and heading to the bathroom. I couldn't hear anymore of their plans. My stomach was knotting up into a ball and I felt sick.

Reaching the toilets I kicked the door open, releasing a small amount of anger that was building up in my body. I can't do this! I can't sit there and go all googly eyes with Kasper. It just won't happen. It's like asking the north and south ends of a magnet to sit there without repelling each other -- it just won't happen. It's physically impossible.

The whole thing was a nightmare waiting to happen!

Looking in the mirror I untied my hair and let it fall down my shoulders reaching the small of my back. Bunching up the ends I took in my mad lion appearance. Releasing a small chortle at the wild animal look I let go of my hair and brought my fingers through the strands smoothing it out. Because my hair had natural waves and curls I didn't get the desired effect that I wanted. Instead my hair was now like a frizz bomb, dark brown strands flying everywhere. Taking a large breath to steady my breathing I tied my hair back into a ponytail before I went back out into the war zone.

When I closed the bathroom door gently behind me I looked up to see Kasper leaning against the wall casually.

"What do you want?" I snapped, my fists bunching up into balls with the anger that was searing once again through my body.

"To see if you're ok. You left very suddenly and our parents sent me after you to ask you what was wrong," he said in a bored tone.

"Well, I'm going back now and I can tell them myself." I started walking back down the hall but his hand grabbed my forearm yanking me back to stand beside him.

My breathing got heavier and with a short movement I slapped his hand and pushed his chest. "Let me go!"

"That wasn't very nice," he said, but he still didn't release my arm.