The White House- Chapter 10

Okay, I have uploaded early, but that is on the promise you vote for the previous chapters as well as this one :P I have written this on purely coffee as I was soo tired so excuse any mistakes ...

Happy reading :)

Chapter 10

The engines fired and I felt the jet leap forward as it began on its take off. The ascension into the air was quick as the ground below us began to get smaller and smaller, the buildings below blurring into lots of black blobs. Everything out of the window looked like a toy model set, with little black trees and the yellow lights of the city in the night. It was a pretty amazing sight.

“Miss, would you like a drink?” A strawberry blonde airhostess said, clapping her hands together. She was beautiful, and in all honesty I felt intimidated, the fact that she referred me to be as her superior just made me crawl under my skin.

“Err, can I have some water please?” I asked, fidgeting with a thread of wool that had come loose from my jumper.

“Of course,” she left with a flick of her hair, her high heels clipping the carpeted floor.

“Just relax Patience,” Tom said, giving me a playful shove from the seat beside me.

Letting out a large breath through my 'o' shaped mouth I closed my eyes, and when I opened them Tom was staring at me intently.

“Better?”

“Yes, much better,” I replied, looking back at him. The plane jumped slightly, making me release a shrill scream, my face going red soon after as I realised what I had just done.

“Yes, so much better,” Tom teased.

“Be quiet you,” I grumbled, turning to look back out of the window. Seeing only black, I closed my eyes.

“You’re not actually angry at me are you,” Tom asked curiously, the teasing tone to his voice thick with amusement.

“No,” I mumbled, “I am just tired; it has been a long day.”

“I can imagine,” he said softly.

“I can’t believe I am on the Presidents plane,” I said, opening one eye to peer at him.

He smiled, “You’re one lucky girl.”

“Yes, I am, for the meantime anyway,” I grumbled, thinking about Kasper.

“What do you mean?” Tom asked, his eyebrow raised.

“Oh nothing,” I brushed my hand up in a sweeping motion waving away his question as if it were nothing.

“Is there something I should know?” Tom said, his voice turning a little cold.

I opened my other eye and took in his posture. Something seemed to be bothering him and I had no clue what.

“No, just thinking about what an ass Kasper has been. What else could there be?” I responded, giving his face the once over.

“Are you sure that is it?” he persevered looking at me straight in the eye.

“Yes, wouldn’t you be angry if your girlfriend slept with someone else?”

“I guess. I don’t have a girlfriend,” he said indifferently.

“Well, I am sure you get my meaning.” I replied.

“Yeah, I get what you are talking about.”