The White House- Chapter 14

Chapter 14

His mouth was hot, and I felt his tongue run along my lower lip. Letting out a small gasp, my eyes widened. It took me only a second after that to realise what had just happen, and with all the power I could muster I punched him squarely across the face.

Blood exploded everywhere, like a water balloon that had been popped with a pin, spraying in an array of directions. A loud grunt escaped Kasper’s now bloody lips, and his head ricocheted backwards.

“What the hell! Kasper, why on earth did you just do that? Are freaking insane?” I yelled, wiping my sleeve across my mouth, and trying to roll off the bed at the same time, away from his bleeding face.

Feeling weightless, I landed ungraciously on the floor with a loud crack, my ears ringing as I raised my head from banging it hard on the edge of the side table. Kasper’s shouts seemed to make my head pound harder, and I whimpered when I touched my forehead, momentarily forgetting about the situation.

When I was brought back to reality, I tried to get to my feet, my eyesight blurring slightly, making me sway on my feet.

“PATIENCE! Untie me right now!” I heard echoing in the back of my mind. Holding onto the edge of the bed, I nearly toppled, but I quickly regained my balance. Wow, I must have banged my head harder than I thought. Squinting over at Kasper’s face, I saw his mouth moving, but no words seemed to be registering with my brain, only that loud wringing. Did I give myself concussion? No, I reasoned with myself, bringing my hand up to my forehead. When I removed my arm I was horrified to see blood trailing off my fingers. Crap, was that from my head? Applying more pressure, I winced in pain as my fingers passed over the pronounced egg shape.

“PATIENCE, PATIENCE,” came the loud, obstructing cries of Kasper, his arm tugging and tugging desperately at the cuffs.

I wobbled towards him and struck out blindly, my fist coming in contact with his arm. I may be completely out of it, but there was this underlying need to beat him up. How dare he do something like that? Who did he think he was?

Kasper grabbed my wrist when I went in for another unsteady punch. With a loud, humph, I feel face first onto the bed. Looking back up at Kasper, I ground my teeth, “Piss off!”

Kasper didn’t say anything; he just started rummaging in the back pockets of my super cool pj pants for the keys. I giggled, “You are going to have to dig further than that.”

Kasper gave me a worried look, his eyes roaming my face. I didn’t notice much, as my focus was preoccupied on the fact that I could see three of Kasper.

“Crap,” I heard Kasper exclaim, as he tenderly lifted my head up onto his lap.

“Your face is pwetty,” I slurred, watching three Kasper’s grimace.

When there was a loud commotion at the door, I turned to see the dorm door shaking on its hinges. “Earthquake,” I sniggered, finding it funny, looking up at Kasper with a smile.

“No,” he said, holding me closer to his body.

All of a sudden three people came exploding into the room. With a shake of my head I realised that the three people all looked identical and that all three were Tom.

“Tom!” I heard Kasper growl, “Untie me, NOW!”

“What the hell, is going on here!” Tom cried, running flat out to the bed.

I was vaguely aware of the scraping of shoes and the sudden inhaling of breath.

“Why do you have a broken nose? And more importantly, why in God’s name does Patience’s head look like you have rammed it against a brick wall!” Tom’s tone was deadly, his had outstretching towards Kasper’s broken face.