The White House- Chapter 11

Okay, I have written this all in the last two hours as I don't have a chance to write again for a while. There are probably a lot of mistakes so please excuse them for the mo. It is late and I don't have time to correct them. I may make a few chages when I re-read this later on as I have written this while half asleep lol.

Enjoy

Nessa

Chapter 11

I awoke to the stale smell of dust and the feel of starchy sheets.

“Oh good you’re awake,” said a familiar voice that sounded very close.

Opening my eyes, I took in the speckled green eyes of Tom. He was kneeling beside my bed, smiling at me with a mischievous grin.

“Mornin’,” I grumbled, pulling the sheets higher up my body. I was too warm and I felt like a bear being poked at during the middle of winter.

“I made you some coffee; I figured you might be one of those people who needed it after I poked you for the tenth time.”

Peering over his shoulder, I winced at the sunlight streaming into the room. Raising my head, I let it fall back onto the pillow sending a wave of dust particles into the air that were highlighted by the sun into little silver specs.

“And the purpose of waking me up was?” I croaked, closing my eyes again and snuggling my head deeper into the pillow.

“Well, I have some news. Plus, I thought you might want to go for a walk around campus. There is so much to see and it is already midday.

“Midday is early,” I muttered, not the slightest bit inclined to emerge from my cocoon.

“I have been sitting around for nearly four hours Patience, I have ants in my pants. I need to do something. Please, for me?”

“Urgh, men.” I said, kicking my legs at the quilt.

“Thank you.” Tom said, walking over and retrieving the coffee he had made for me.

“No need to thank me, I am just not a morning person. I will be alright in a minute.”

I accepted the coffee gratefully, taking timid sips as I waited for it to cool down.

“So what is the news?” I asked, holding the mug up to my chest, blowing on the liquid so that my face steamed up.

Tom sat down on his own bed, bringing his hand through his short hair. “I have heard from Kasper.”

“Oh,” I said bitterly, “What did he say?”

“He just phoned to check up with you. He asked to speak to you, but I said you were asleep.”

I nodded my head in an approving manner. Who knows what I would have said to Kasper if I had spoken to him when I was barely awake.

“Anyway, he is making his way here tonight. He has a press conference to clear up the matter during the day, but once that is finished he is going to fly here directly.”

“Great,” I said sarcastically, frowning at the mug in my hands. He was coming here already? I had expected him to be gone for a couple of days with the allegation made against him. Surely he couldn’t have cleared things up that quickly?

“You sound overjoyed,” Tom chuckled.

“Oh, I am, believe me.”

“You think he did it don’t you?” Tom asked, trying to catch my eye.

“Yes, why, do you believe that he didn’t do it?” I questioned, looking at him curiously as his eyes seemed to darken.

“What I think doesn’t matter. All I can say is why would he have panicked and left you at the airport if he hadn’t?”