Chapter 5

• Dedicated to Mr. Hunter-patt, Ms. Byars, Mr. Landis, and Mrs. Fugate

-By the way, the kitty Melody was talking about is a STUFFED ANIMAL! Not a REAL animal.-

 Everyone met back next to the front door. I said, “Are we all ready?”

Everyone let out a course of yes’s and yep’s.

Then I started to open the door when, Grover said, “Ummm, your still in your pajamas.

I looked down and frowned. I was still in my p.j pants, and tank top. “Dang it!” I said while running back up to my room. When I got to my room I opened the closet and pulled out a blue and white striped shirt, put it on then put on light grey skinny jeans. After I put them on I put on blue Vans. I also grabbed my blue I-pod (That I forgot), blue and white headphones, and put them on. I looked in the mirror and, and fixed my necklace.

I have always had my necklace. It’s a silver trident. Like I’ve said before I have always had it even at the school.

All of us have one. Alison has a lightning bolt, Cody has 2 snakes curled together, Jessica has a Dove, and Melody has a Harp.

Each time a whitecoat tried to take it off of anyone of us, it would just come back to me. But in Alison's case it shocked them.

I ran down the stairs with one last look in the mirror. When I reached the bottom step I yelled, “I’M DONE!!!”

And then walked outside. Everyone slowly walked outside, and Grover took the lead. After about 7 minutes of walking I noticed Alison looking back every once and a while. After 15 minutes we all were looking back.

“Hey Grover?” I asked.

“Yes?” he replied.

“Don’t you feel like someone is following us?” I said.

 We walked in silence, until Grover said, “What did you mean by I could stay at your house?"

“Umm, Well, umm…….” I started. Then Melody interrupted my saying, “We are different.”

Grover said, “What do you mean?”

“About that, could we have a rain check on telling you and save it for a another day?” Cody asked.

“No, I want to know.” He said almost yelled.

“Can I tell him?” Jessica said. “I don’t see why not.” I whispered in her ear.

Go to http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=98814286 to see Skylar's outfit