Our Relationship

3 days later...

Toni and Babyface have yet to talk about the night that they got drunk at Tamar and Vince's party. A little worried, Toni decided to call Babyface. She wanted to schedule a lunch or dinner where they could talk face to face and lay everything on the table. Figure out where to go and what to do next.

Toni dialed his number.

Toni: Please answer Ken.

On the fourth ring and ready to hang up, Babyface answered.

Babyface: Hi Tone.

Toni (a little nervous): Hey Ken. How've you been?

Babyface: Good, you know I'm always busy in the studio.

Toni: Ken, I was wondering if we could talk about the incident that happened the other day at Tamar and Vince's party.

Babyface: Sure. How about an early dinner today.

Toni: I can't, I have a meeting I n-

Babyface: Get ready. We are going to Mr. Chows at 5:30 and I'll be over at 5:15. See you later Tone.

Babyface hung up before Toni could say anything else. Toni looked at her phone frustrated.

Toni: Why does he have to be so demanding at times?

While looking at phone, Denim came in to the living room.

Denim: Mom, dad called and said that he's picking us up tomorrow. He couldn't come today because he had something to do today.

Toni: Why didn't he call and tell me?

Denim: I have no idea. That's between you two.

Toni (looking through her contacts): He better have a good reason for canceling on you guys today.

Keri: Hello.

Toni: What's your problem Keri? You're calling my kids and not me, I'm the adult here not them.

Keri: Umm hello to you too Toni. I called the kids because that's who I'm responsible for. Not you.

Toni: Oh really? Who do you think brings them to your house?

Keri: Not true. Who actually drives and comes to get them from your house?

Toni: Who the hell do you think carries them to and from school every single day? They don't teleport Keri. They want you to be around them, but I guess you're to damn blind to see it.

Keri: What do you want me to do about that? You know I love my kids. Do you want me to come to see them right now?

Toni: Diezel is sad that you couldn't come today. And yes you are a good father, but don't let our problems come between you and the kid's relationship. They need you in their life as a father even if we're not together.

Keri: I do my daddy duties, but everytime I come over there, you be like "my baby daddy don't do this... he ain't do this... he ain't do that." I don't know what you want from me!

Toni: Some of it is true, so I don't know why you're mad about it.

Keri: Well then, I'm coming over right now. Can we talk about the boys when I get there?

Toni: Sure. The boys will be happy to see you.

Toni ended the phone call and waited for Keri to come over.

An hour later...

Keri: Hey Denim and Diezel.