Feelings

Hey everyone! Just wanted to thank anyone who is taking the time to read this right now, and I encourage and would love any suggestions you have for the remainder of this story! Please leave a comment and a vote, and please check out my newest Scomiche fanfiction"Chosen" if you have the time!

Thank you!

-L

***

Scott POV:
Oh god, Scott, pull it together. This isn't happening right now. He's your best friend, and that will never ever EVER change. This is just a phase, it will pass...

I awake to the sound of the front door closing shut and slowly sit up in bed. I stretch my arms in front of my body, my hands clasped together, and yawn before dropping my hands at my sides.

I guess Mitch went out. Probably to Starbucks. Hm, maybe something's bothering him. I'm usually the first one awake.

I rise up out of my bed in just my boxers and throw on the shirt Mitch gave me for Christmas last year and a pair of black jeans that I washed yesterday and forgot to fold. I then look at my phone plugged in on my bedside table which reads 8:46.

Now this is very strange...

I am suddenly worried about my best friend and wander through the hallway into our kitchen, where I find Mitch sitting in the chair, facing me.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," Mitch responds, dark circles under his eyes. He slowly sips his cold coffee.

"Good morning to you too, Margaret. You okay?" I respond, nervously.

"Of course, darling, why do you ask?"

"Well, I'm usually the first one up is all."

"Yeah, I guess I just wanted some fresh air. You always drive these days, I wanted to give you a break," Mitch said calmly, eyes glossy. "Besides, you know that the first person I'd go to advice for or tell my problems to is you, Scottland."

He's hiding something.

"I know that, but you look a little stressed. Are you sure there isn't anything you want to talk about?"

"Positive." Mitch smiles at me and rises up out of his seat. He walks over to me and places his hands on my cheeks and I try my hardest not to blush under his cold hands. "You are the love of my life, you know that? Ever since we were eight years old, I knew. No matter how hard I try, I can never ever keep my feelings from you. I can't imagine my life without you, and the life built up around us. I'm not trying to be sentimental or anything, I just needed to remind you how much I need you in my life, especially since the tour starts tomorrow."

Oh, that's right! This year's Pentatonix tour starts up again tomorrow. Maybe that's why Mitch is acting weird today.

Mitch smiled slightly up at me, and moved his hands off of my cheeks, down my arms and in reaching my wrists, placed his hands in mine. Then he slowly leaned over to my left cheek and planted a kiss there ever so carefully, as if his sweet lips would break me apart. I could feel my cheeks burning as his lips parted and left my face, his glance returning to mine. He laughed softly and sweetly. "Aw, you're so cute," he replied, in that rich tenor voice of his that so many people adore.

"You're such a romantic, Mitchy."

"Oh I know, but don't get used to this, I'm not that easy to get," he responds and we both laugh.

Oh, I know you aren't.

"Sooooo I bought you a coffee and a pastry. I wasn't quite sure of what you would be in the mood for since its early, but I hope you like it! I think that since today is our last day off until tour that we should go shopping, grab a few things, then take Wyatt over to Jeremy's place? Jeremy offered to take care of him for us. Does that sound okay?" Mitch replied, looking at his phone while talking to me.

"Yeah, wow that sounds great. How long did this take you to plan out?" I respond and grab my coffee and pastry off the table.

"Only about an hour. I really want today to be enjoyable." Mitch locked his phone and placed it in his back pocket.

"So when did you want to go?" I asked him, sipping my coffee.

"Oh, around 10 if that's okay with you."

"Sounds really good." I take a bite into my pastry.