Chapter 26

This chapter will be written in Third person.- UNEDITED- listen to the song in MM

August Alsina x Song Cry

Dragging the Louis Vuitton suitcases against the concrete floor behind her, she walked as if nothing has happened, leaving everything that happened in the past, in the past.

She stood in front of the door inhaling and exhaling a deep breath before knocking, not knowing how well the family would take the big news.

As soon as the door widen, she met with her identical eyes along with the recognisable features of her ex lover. Her eyes watered just seeing her son who was locked up for years.

"Ma!" He cheesed embracing her in a tight hold. Gold missed his mother, especially since he hasn't heard from her in months. "Whea' the hell you been at?!" He asks not letting her go.

Cheri let her tears go as they let go of their tight hold after five minutes. Gold grabbed her suitcases following behind her inside the mansion where they soon met the twins in the front room.

Wiping the tear that fell like waterfalls with her hand, Cheri took a seat on the leather sectional. "I have so much to tell you baby." She finally says trying to control her crying.

Gold's jaw clenched, he hated seeing the person who brought him to this cold ass world and was with him through thick and thin cry. He used his thumb to wipe the remaining tears before asking. "Ma, what's up?"

"You wanna hear the bad part first or worse?" Cheri asks splitting the two things that have been happening to her in half.

"Bad."

"Well" she cleared ehr throat, "A while back I started talking with this man named Drey. You know I need some company other than the family. On that note, we were real close like I talked to him almost every day and I just loved the feeling I got when I was with him. I met with him once or twice but we'd just talk through the phone or facetime. He lives in Jamaica by the way and he asked me if I could stay with him just for two months. Being a fool I am, I did." Cheri paused whilst rubbing her eyes. Gold stared waiting for his mother to carry on with the story which didn't sound so bad. "I don't know what happen Nehemiah. He didn't want me to leave, he wanted me all to himself, and he wanted to be in control of me. He would abuse me so bad it reminded me of your father but much worse." She bawled using her hands to cup her face.

Gold stared into space not knowing what to say. He somewhat felt like it was his fault and he could've helped. He already knew how his mother would always hide her horrible pain with a smile to act like she's fine but the truth was she was broken. She put other people's happiness before others. Now watching the pain that she once went through happen again it's painful. Hearing her cries was like a stab through his heart into his soul, especially after years of hearing her cries from the abuse she got from his father.

Gold could do nothing but stare at her as she cried she sniffed wiping the remaining tears. "To make matters worse I found a lump on my chest. I also have trouble swallowing and when I pee blood comes out. " She sighs, trying to find the right words but there wasn't much. "Nehemiah, I'm dying."

Gold abruptly got up. That triggered the blame button he had.

Tears tried so hard no to fall but he couldn't take it. Hearing his mother is dying after all the bullshit she went through? Nah, that one was a killer.

Nehemiah walked through the garage and into his White Lexus, Hybrid. Fumbling with his key he started up his car. He could hardly see since the tears that were trying to escape blurred his vision.

Just as he was about to drive away, soft hands banging on the window stopped him. He rolled it down hearing his mother plead. "Don't leave me now." She begs. "I might die today or tomorrow but whenever God chooses for it to be my day. I want to be happy; I want to leave on a good note."

Cheri walked to the other side of the car and got in. "You know I've had lung cancer for quite a while now. Remember the doctors said I'd probably die within at least a month but I'm still standing for seven years. The lump I had on my breasts was a symptom of breast cancer. They removed my left breast hoping to have the cancer cell but it already began to spread. I then had bladder cancer, I had a tumour that is on the lining of my bladder and now it's slowly spreading to my muscles surrounding it." She explains.

Nehemiah wanting to be strong he held back his tears. He had to have faith and believe.

"Baby, I just wanted to say. I'm sorry for everything I done that hurt you. I'm sorry for putting you through that hard time whilst you and your brother were growing up. You were the biggest blessing I ever had, although I was going through all of that with your father you and Omar made me stronger, y'all gave me a reason to still want to be here. Although I don't agree with you supplying drugs just to get money, I still love you. Y'all made me step into adulthood, you made me realise that I can actually love someone other than myself so hard. I'm proud to say that I'm your mother, I knew from the moment got pregnant in my young years I wasn't going to regret it. Thank you for everything baby, I love you more than life itself. Don't make this situation get to you, everyone dies."

"Don't say that." He begs looking away biting his tears. Cheri grabs his hand holding it tight. "Is there another way l-like can I pay for—"

"It's too late baby. The virus is going to take over all of my cells soon. Just know what I've wanted to happen for the last couple of years are finally happening. I'm not happy about it but in the end, it's my time and only God knows what's best. I just want you to promise me that you get out of trouble, don't get killed because of these ruthless streets and defiantly fix everything with Precious. I want you to have the type of relationship I've always wanted."

"I-I'm sorry for ev—"

"Don't go there baby. The only person who should be apologising is me."

"I love you so much." He says. After a long pause he looks over at his mother who had a weak smile. "Ma, no!" He broke down crying like a baby, letting everything out. He couldn't let her go. He couldn't.

He shook his head banging on the steering wheel as Cheri tried to stop him. "This ain't fuckin' fair ma! It ain't fair and you know it ain't!" He shouts with his heart aching like hell.

He didn't care if men weren't suppoused to cry, he needed to let everything out. For putting his mom through the emotional pain when he had a long pause with his brother, for doing stuff that he knew disappointed her. For everything he ever did.

That just gave him another reason to cry.

Punching the window of the car making it shatter he gets out and heads into the house throwing everything in sight around.

Imagine it. How are you meant to act when you find out the woman that went through so much shit just to get you here is dying. The woman who loved you unconditionally even though you done some fucked up shit is dying. The woman who accepted you, who helped you grow, who tried to make you happy no matter how tough the situation was is dying?

Quality and Kyrie watched their father cry real men tears and throw a tantrum like a three year old. Cheri tried her best to run after him but the physical and emotional pain was to much.

"Nehemiah please." She begs as she walked over to Nehemiah who was hunched over the sink. "Listen, I don't know when it will finally happen baby but I need to make the most out of it. Please, for me don't dwell on this, remember the happy times we shared the times where I beat the hell out of you." They both laugh. "You need to be strong not just for me actually but your family. I love you and I'll be in here at all times." She says poking his heart. "Be the strong man you are, do what makes you happy and be strong for mommy." She smiles opening her arms out letting her son cry. "I've said this many times but I love you, at all times."

-

Man the way I cried whilst writing this. We haven't heard from Cheri in ages so I wanted to add her in. Precious would be next chapter. Comment!! 40+ Votes?

First person or third person?