Chapter 8: The Prince Cometh

Author's Note:  Just thought that you might want to know, the song is for when Olivia gets ready to kick some ass.  Believe me, you'll know it when it happens.  To be honest, this was one of the inspiration songs behind the whole book, so I knew that it had to be in here somewhere.

Anyway, tell me what you think, and if you can, suggest your choice for Olivia's kick-ass theme.  Tel me about it in the comments, or just post your choice right here.  Either way is fine with me.

Alright, now that we have that out of the way, ON WITH THE BOOK!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life in the pack fell into a kind of normalcy after that day. My mother and sister were accepted into the pack, while Coralline stayed in one of the nearby houses next to the pack house. No one was really sure what to make of her, knowing that she was a were-dragon, so she chose to live alone rather than impose on my new family.

Willow turned out to be more like me than I first imagined. She wasn't as hard or as guarded as I was, but she was just as stubborn and equally as fussy as I had ever been at her age. At times I wanted to rip my hair out when we would get into arguments, and then mom would show up out of the blue with a choice few words that would make everything better.

For a while everything was great, but some sixth sense told me there was something coming. I couldn't say what or when, but there were storm clouds forming on the horizon, and I had a feeling things were going to get exciting sooner than later.

That time came almost a week after my mother, Willow and Coralline joined the pack, just as we were sitting down to eat lunch.

I winced as a warrior's voice echoed in my head, 'Sorry to bother you, but we've got a rogue at the border again, although this time it's just the one.'

Aaron glanced around the table before his eyes glazed over, 'Has it moved to invade our territory?'

'No Alpha.' Was the reply, 'He's just standing there. I tried to make him leave, but then his eyes changed and I felt my wolf cower in fear.'

Shocked glances were shared around the table. There was only one thing that could make a wolf cower in fear, something bigger than itself. No rogue had ever been seen to have Alpha blood, so that meant only one other option, were-dragon.

This time the girls managed to come along, though Willow was forced to stay behind at the pack house while the rest of us raced to the territory border. As we got closer I noticed that there were two people waiting for us, and my eyes widened as I spotted Coralline waiting for us on our side of the border.

We all came to a stop and shifted back into our human forms, slipping some easy clothing on before joining Coralline at the border.

"What's going on here?" Aaron asked the guard standing next to her.

He shrugged, pointing out across the large field with one hand, "He hasn't moved since he showed up. I was starting to worry that you weren't coming."

I smirked as I stepped to the front of the group, "We'd never abandon you at your post, or at least, not if I have anything to say about it."

I walked up to the border and gazed out into the field, spotting the lone figure as he stood about thirty feet away. He was tall, and unlike the boys of the pack, more lithe in build. His long blond hair was tied into a single tail that ran down one side of his chest, and his body was covered in what looked like clothing belonging to nobility.

He flashed a nearly blinding smile as his eyes came to rest on me, "So what your father said was true. You are of a rare beauty that rivals some of the rarest dragonelles in my kingdom." He extended one arm and bowed in a flamboyant manner, "My name is Prince Kirov, and I have come to claim that which is rightfully mine."