Chapter 5: A Day to Remember

"Oh my God!" Maddy squealed as she picked up a skimpy pair of short shorts, "Aren't these the cutest?!"

"Totally!" Hanna said as she peaked around the end of an aisle, "You should wear them tonight once you take a shower. It'll have Blaze climbing the walls!"

They both burst into laughter, while I just wanted to disappear. I had never liked crowded places, so being dragged into the mall was not my idea of fun.

'Any chance we could make a break for it?' I asked Melanie and Sarah.

'Not a chance,' Sarah said with a sniff of distain, 'We'd get caught by the guards in two seconds flat and dragged back to these two chatterboxes by our heels.'

'We could just go along with them for now.' Melanie said with her usual blunt tone, 'All we really need to do is wait until they get tired of shopping and then race back to the car when they're not looking. After all, we can order the guards to take us home and leave these two on their own.'

I smirked as I watched Maddy and Hanna getting excited over every item they found on the hangers, 'Take a number and expect a long wait, because I don't think that's going to be anytime soon.'

We mentally groaned in unison as Hanna and Maddy locked their gazes on me, and I felt a shiver run up my spine as they started walking towards me.

"Help me." I called to no one in particular, and screamed as they pounced on me like jungle cats, dragging me towards the changing stations by my heels.

I clawed at the ground in a desperate attempt to break free, but with two werewolves gripping my legs and holding them at waist height, there was nothing I could do as I was bodily thrown into the changing room with about ten different sets of clothing.

"Come on guys!" I yelled as I tried to wedge the door open, only to rebound as they put their weight into it to prevent me from opening it. "Let me out of here!"

I could hear their laughter through the door. "Not until you try on all those outfits!" It was Maddy who had spoken.

"But I like my clothes the way they are! I don't need anything else!" I tried to force the door open again but was met with the same result. "Come on guys, this isn't funny!"

"We're not trying to be funny!" Hanna yelled, "You need something to wear other than those rags you call clothes, so we're not letting you out of here until you have a tried and true wardrobe!"

"Plus you need to wear shoes!" Maddy added as she tossed several pairs over the door frame, "This isn't negotiable, so you'd better get started! We aren't leaving until you've tried everything on that's in that room!"

I grumbled as I picked up a set of jeans and what looked like a pre-tattered shirt, "You guys are going to get it once we get home!"

They just laughed, and I resigned myself to this torture as I slipped out of my skirt and vest. 'Those two are going to be in so much trouble when we get home.'

'Agreed.' Melanie said as Sarah began concocting torture plans and other ways to punish the girls.

We arrived back at the pack house with about a hundred bags of new clothes and shoes, most of which were outfits that Maddy and Hanna had forced me to get so I wouldn't, and I quote, 'Stink like a wet dog that had been rolling in mud and horse crap.' It thought that description had been a bit much, but it hadn't stopped me from sniffing myself a few times when they weren't looking. I may not have been able to shower before I arrived on Aaron's territory, but that didn't mean I smelled like the north bound end of a south bound mule.

We climbed out of the three black Hummers that we had used to get to and from town, and in an instant Maddy and Hanna were lifted off their feet and spun around by their mates. Maddy laughed while she lifted her hands into the air, while Hanna dispensed with the pleasantries and kissed Connor full on the lips while wrapping her legs around his waist.