Chapter 3: Learning Love

As we made our way up the stairs, I tried once again to break free of the Alpha's grip.

"Would you mind putting me down?" I asked in frustration, "I can walk on my own you know."

He chuckled as we reached the top of the steps, "I like you just where you are." He tapped me on my butt again with a finger, making me squirm, "In my arms and unable to run away."

I felt myself blushing as I smacked him on the back of the head, "Either you put me down or I'm going to get serious."

This time he truly laughed, a sound that had chills racing up and down my spine, "Now that I would like to see." He opened a door and walked into what looked like a bedroom, "Just not today."

I yelped as he tossed me onto the bed, grunting as I landed flat on my back. I scrambled to get off and out the open door, but just as I reached it, a warrior wolf shut it in my face and locked it.

I slammed into the wood and I winced as my nose began to sting, "Ouch." I slowly turned around and glared at the Alpha, holding my nose with one hand, "Alright, you have me alone. Now what?"

He stood next to the bed and crossed his arms over his chest. I felt my eyes following the ripples in his chest and biceps, and I had to shake my head to clear it of some very dirty thoughts.

'You and me both girl.' Melanie said as Sarah panted like a dog, 'It's bad enough with puppy love over here driving me nuts. I don't need you going all mushy on me too.'

'Hey!' Sarah yelled indignantly, 'I can't help myself! Have you seen what this guy looks like?! I'd be crazy not to want his tasty body for myself!'

I shut her out and mentally sighed, 'Sometimes I wonder if I really need her in my mind.'

'You said it.' Melanie said with a sage nod, 'Now can we get back to the matter at hand?'

'Sure thing.' I said as I pulled myself back to reality.

The Alpha was standing as I had left him, though his gaze had a knowing gleam to it that made me slightly uncomfortable, "From the expressions you were making, I take it your wolf was acting horny and wasn't being very discreet with her thoughts?"

I scoffed, "No. She was just being annoying like always." I narrowed my gaze and mirrored his crossed arm pose, "You didn't answer my question. What am I doing here?"

One eyebrow rose in answer, making me fidget under his gaze, "I thought you already knew the answer. You are my mate, so that means you are going to have to live with me, and eventually learn to lead the pack."

"But I don't want to be a part of a pack." I said chillingly, "I want to be on my own so I have no one to worry about but myself. I've run into other packs before, and they all did the same thing. They ran me out of town like I was diseased or something. So thanks, but no thanks. As soon as I find a way out of here, I'll be gone like the summer breeze."

He moved so quickly I barely had time to register it before he was pinning me against the door, his hands locked onto my upper arms in a steel grip. I flinched at the fire in his gaze, and I averted my own as a whimper escaped my lips. I closed my eyes, expecting to be hit, but what happened next made my eyes fly open again in shock.

His weight slowly leaned into me, and I felt his mouth graze the side of my neck as he took a deep breath, scenting me. I felt a shiver race up my spine as his grip softened, his hands moving to rest on my hips as he gently nibbled at the flesh above my collarbone. I bit my lip to try and hold in the moan that so desperately wanted to escape my mouth, but I only half succeeded. I could feel his smile against my neck as a soft murmur slipped past my lips, and he pulled back just enough to match my gaze with his.