Moods

It was pointless of her to give the address, she knew, the driver was one of Mycroft’s people after all. In fact, if she’d tried to give another address, he would have ignored her. But it felt nice to at least pretend she had some say in how she was spending her day off.

As the car sidled up to the apartment, she sighed and double checked her makeup. Perfect as usual.

She looked up at the daunting apartment. She hadn’t been there in a while. Last time she was, she had gotten a plate thrown at her, courtesy of a Mr Sherlock Holmes.

She pulled her jacket closer to her and stepped out of the car. Recent intel placed Sherlock and John in a more intimate relationship, which hopefully had quelled his moods.

She made her way into the apartment, unlocking the door with the ease and finesse that marked her as a professional.

As she entered the living area, she could hear yelling. She sighed and walked in.

John and Sherlock were on opposite sides of the room, while Avery sat on the couch with a small smile on her face.

Phoenix ignored her boss and looked at the two men. “What is going on?!”

“Oh great,” Sherlock said. “Mycroft’s pet is here.”

John scowled. “Be nice. Rachael. What’s up?”

Rachael pulled her hair behind her shoulders. “Mycroft asked me to collect you.”