8. Slowly but surely

Madeline
Kaitlyn has lost her bloody mind! How could she give him five percent of her shares? Her husband and her brother are practically at war. How could she help that evil bastard? I shredded the document I was fortunate to see while looking for one of Zayden's toys in the devil's office. That would buy some time at least. It must be the hormones. There is no way she would just hand over shares to her brother just like that. There must be something I can do. I paced back and forth for a long while thinking how to not let Marc Paxton get his hands on those shares.

Taylor.

Taylor is filling the VP position until I return. I would use him. I might be staying in the devil's house but I don't work for him and I owe him no loyalty. I called the evil bastard and he picked up on the second ring.

"Ms. Patel." I failed to see where the amusement was but obviously he found me calling amusing.

"I need to go out."

"And you're telling me this why? You're a free woman. You can do whatever you want."

"I need clothes. I can't sit around in pajamas for the rest of my life."

"I'm glad you're seeing reason. Do you want to take Zayden with you or do you want to drop him off here?"

I thought about it. Since I had every intention of going to see Taylor I think dropping him off with his devil father would be best.

"Can I leave him there until I'm finished?"

"Sure. Jake is on his way."

I got myself and Zayden ready so that when his assistant showed up he wouldn't have to wait. Forty-five minutes later I was in his office.

"You found something to wear."

"They belong to your wife. Some of her things were still there."

"A mistake on my part."

I didn't respond. Zayden had fallen asleep on the drive over so he wouldn't be a burden.

"You're going to keep him in here?"

"For now, yes. Jake will accompany you shopping."

I expected him to say that. He wouldn't let me go off on my own. I'd just have to work around that. While I was in the car I sent a text to Taylor. He responded immediately. We decided on somewhere to talk. He would meet me there. I knew Jake would stay in the car so I wouldn't have to worry about him reporting this meeting to the devil.

Taylor looked the same as always; well dressed.

"Madeline! What a surprise! What are you doing in New York?"

"It's a long story and one you need to keep quiet about. No one can know I'm here." He nodded.

I filled him in while trying on clothes which he picked for me.

"She's giving him five percent of the company? Is she crazy?"

"She's pregnant and emotional. That devil brother of hers knows that and used it to his advantage."

"If she gives away those shares we'll be in big trouble."

"That's why you need to talk to Niko. He'll know what to do."

He called Niko right away and explained the situation. I wasn't surprised that he was awake at this hour. The man never stops working.

"What did he say?"

"He'll take care of it. He's going to call a board meeting in the morning."

"I hope he resolves it quickly. That devil doesn't deserve anything from De Luca international." Taylor remained quiet and studied me.