Chapter 13

I couldnt sleep the whole night, i did fall asleep for an hour or so, but i wasnt completely rested at all. Most of the time, i was staring at her motionless body just permenantly frozen on the floor. I was so afraid that if i stepped out of the circle, she would rise and leap onto me. My phone was on my make up counter, just next to the door, and my moms body was in the middle. I just needed to get my phone. I put one foot gently on the floor, and then the other and got off my bed. I looked at her for a moment, just to see if there was any movement. I walked around her slowly, but also prepared myself for a run.

I grabbed my phone and sprinted to the bed. And looked at my unconcious mom. It was 7am. I quicky dialed Ryans number and it rung a few times before he finally answered it.

"Hello. Oh my god Ryan can you please come p? My mom went crazy last night, she almost killed me. I need you.' I know i shouldnt have sounded so scrazy but i really needed him to come and save me.

"Okay. Can i be there in half an hour? Where is she now?" You could hear the panic in his voice.

"Ryan relax, im on my bed so ahe cant get to me. Yeah, come as soon as you can. And shes on my floor. Just outside the leaf circle."

"Okay, i will be fast. Ana...."

"Yeah?"

"I love you." And he hung up. Wow, that escalated quickly.

There was a bag of cookies on my side table and i started stuffing my face and stared at my door. Oh god this has got to be the longest thirty minutes of my life.

I heard him walking up the stairs and i turned around and he was looking at my mom on the floor,"lets bring her to her room." And i got off my bed and lifted my moms feet and he carried her by her arms andlaced her on her bed gently.

"So what now?" Ryan asked me.

'I need to get dressed, but we have time. School starts at 10 today right?"

"Yeah." And both of us headed to my room. And Ryan layed on my bed while i got into the shower. After two minutes, i called out for Ryan,"Ryan, you still there?" "Yup!" Okay, thank god.

I stepped out in my towel and Ryan followed me with his eyes, "what..." just so he would focus on something else instead of my being half naked. He sat up and said "nothing". I went into the closet and put on my bra and underwear, which were both black. And he called me,"Ana! Somethings wrong." And i ran out. Amd he was still on the bed, i looked at him and rolled my eyes. And then he signaled me to come towards him. I walked very slowly, and yes i was still i my underwear and bra instead of clothes. And he put his hands on my back, and then looked at my legs. "Okay, enough, im going to go and put clothes on." When i was walking away, he pulled me back and kissed me. And moved his hand up to my bra. "Ryan no." And he let go. I smiled and skipped back go my closet.

Clothes.... i really had nothing to wear. The sun seemed to shine a little, so i wore black stockings and hot shorts with a black cropped top with a peace sign on it. I put my hair into a bun.

I grabbed the bag of cookies and went to the kitchen and put a nutella sandwhich and chips into my bag and we left the house. "Im really hungry." And he watched me eat all the cookies. "You get smaller each day." And i shrugged. We got into his car and started driving.

"Im gonna stay with you tonight." He sounded stern, and it was a little sexy and scary at the same time.

"I will be fine. The leaves will-"

"No, she almost got you last night. If anything ever got you..." i could see his jaw clench. And i touched his face.

"Okay, stay with me tonight." And i kissed him on the cheek.

Once school was over. Ryan and i drove to his place and his parents were home. "Oh my god. Do i have to meet them!?"

"If you want to...." I felt unprepared.

"How do i look?"

"Great." And then he kissed my forehead,"you have nothing to be nervous about. They will love you."

"Mom, dad, this is my girlfriend, Anastacia." And i smiled sheepishly. I was really nervous.

"Oh dear, you should have told us earlier. We would have prepared something."

"Oh no, it completely fine." I said and smile. Mrs Mathers walked up to me and gave me a tight hug.

"You are so beautiful, isnt she Dan." Dan is Ryans dads name. Daniel Mathers, he was a local doctor and really cared for his patients.

"Yeah, shes a real looker. Good job son." And pat Ryan on the back.

"Dan!" And i laughed. All this attention was scaring me.

"So are you going to stay?" Mrs Mathers looked like she was so full of excitement.

"Sorry mom, but im heading over to hers for the night. Racoons are scaring her."

"Uhhuh.... racoons." Mr Mathers winked at Ryan.

"Alright son." And she looked at me,"please do come for dinner one day okay dear?" I nodded and went up to Ryans room.

I realised i had not seen it before, it was huge, twice the size of my room. He had a huge window and balcony with light blue drapes and a bed fit for a king. "Wow...." and he looked at me and smiled. I ran to his bed and jumped on it. It was so comfy. "Can i just sleep now?" And he came and stood over me,"only if you want my parents to hover over us like a cloud." And he laughed,"hey! Theyre really nice." I retorted. "Thats cause they like you." And he bent over and kissed me.

We walked out the hoise, his parents were too occupied with tv so it was pointless to say bye. He drove back to my place. And then my phone rang,"Hey honey! How are you? I had a really good sleep last night, but i have a little sore throat. I will be spending the night over at Johns. There is left over lasagne in the oven." And she hung up. I told Ryan that she wasnt home, he said it was for the better.

It was only 6pm, but we were both hungry so i heated up the lasagne and we sat on my couch and started eating. It was so yummy, probably bought. But still delicious. Ryan was eating it pretty fast too. Probably hasnt eaten. Once we were done, i put the plate of dishes into the sink, got a bag of spicy doritos and went upstairs. I changed the leaves on the floor and both of us layed on the bed.

"Want to know something?" I asked Ryan.

"Yeah?" And he undid my bun and started playing with my hair.

"Im afraid of how i will die, not if im gonna die."

And he said,"look at me. You are not going to die. I wont let you." And then we kissed and he got on top of me and started kissing my neck. And then looked up at me.

"You sure?" He asked. And i just nodded. He kissed my nech and shoulders and then later took off my top amd started kissing my tummy.

"I wont continue." He said. "But why?"

And he faced me and i did the same,"I want to make sure you are comfortable with my first. Like completely comfortable."

"Oh alright." And ke smiled and we kissed and he put his hand on my waist.

I took the bag of doritos and in my bra started munching away. "Youre so cute." And i flashed a huge smile. We just sat and talked the whole night until i fell asleep on his chest.

{3 am}

I woke up to a loud knocking on my door, but Ryan was still fast asleep. I got off the bed to open the door, why did i have to open the door? Just when i was about to step out of the circle, Ryan pulled me back by my shorts,"Ana! Wake up! Look!" And there standing at my room dor that was wide open was the lady in black. Closer than i have ever seen her before. You could feel the temperature of the air drop, almost like you could see your breath. And she screamed at Ryan,"I almost had her. Yooou!" Ans she disseared with a horrific scream. Both of us couldnt go to bed. But Ryan calmed me down and i fell into a deep sleep.