Chapter 10

I remember what she said to me. She wants me. I dont remeber what happened after the call, i guess i just blacked out. It was 9am on a sunday, and i feel like if i did anything, she would get me. At first i hesitated wether i should text Ryan or not. But i decided that i would wait. It was only one day right? I was so afraid to check my phone again. But i did. I slid my finger to unlock it and keyed in my password, 3479, and saw [1 New Message]. I was afraid it was from her, or the unknown. But if it was, i would just ignore it for now.

[Ryan:] Good morning beautiful, I knew that you would be up early, so I wanted you to know i miss you.

[Reply:] Good morning.... aww.... i miss you too. My morning was disturbed. But i will tell you tomorrow.

[Ryan:] Alright. You sure you dont want to tell me now? And I have a surprise for you tomorrow :)

[Reply:] oooh a surprise. I cant wait! :)

I got off the bed and headed down to the kitchen to get my breakfast done, i was so hungry. When i walked into the kitchen, i saw a note on the table, "Good morning love, I am out with John (her boyfriend), there is $40 on my dresser, go out alright hun? Love, mom xx". Great, now i was left alone at home. I couldnt stand the thought of being at home alone scared me so i decided to call Liam to ask if he wanted to hang out.

Me: Hey Liam are you free today?

Liam: Yup.

Me: Great, could we meet? My mom isnt home and i dont want to be alone.

Liam: Sure, there is a new antique store near Lincoln Street, i wanna check it out?

Me: Anything to get me out of my house. What time?

Liam: About 12? We could go for lunch first.

Me: Alright! See you there at 12. Byeeeeeee

Liam: Haha, bye Ana.

So now i have a place to go and i have 2 hours to kill. Great. I walked to the cereal cabinet and opened it, pent butter crunch, milo balls, chocolate explosion or honey stars? Who said i couldnt have two? I grabbed the box of penut butter crunch and chocolate explosions and took out a huge bowl and poured the two cwreals in at tge same time until i was satisfied. I hate having soggy cereal, so instead i got a glass of full cream milk and had it when i wanted to wash down my cereal.

After i was done with breakfast, i went up to my room and it was already 10.30am. I decided that since i had time, i would want to take my time to get dressed and then start reading my book "The Haunting". I set my cut off denim shorts and a top that had the Chanel logo on it and put my converse just below my bed. Once i was out of the shower i tied my hair into a pony tail and walked down the stairs and out of the house, shoving the $40, phone and keys into my pocket and started walking to Lincoln Street.

We were a week away from our "summer" break and the weather was nothing like summer at all. The air was dense and cold, it felt like we were heading towards winter instead.

When i reached the beginning of lincoln street, the place was just like how it was in the 1950s, shop houses next to each other, i checked the time on my phone, 11.55am. I was 5 minutes early, so i decided to walk along the street to admire the architecture. And then i got a text from Liam that he had reacked, so i headed back to the beginning of the street and saw Liam leaning against the sign.

"So, what do you feel like having?"

"Something warm....." he agreed and we started walking towards an italian restaurant, nothing classy, its like a cafe. The waiter came and asked for our orders, Liam wanted a beef stew and i ordered mushroom soup and a baguette.

I broke a piece of the bread and dipped it into my mushroom soup.

"You look a little pale." Ryan was looking at me and studying my face.

"Its the weather, havent been getting any sun."

"Thats a nice ring." He was looking at my finger. I smiled a little.

"Its from Ryan."

"So are you guys like a thing?"

"Im not sure." I really wasnt.

Once we were done with lunch, we headed down the street to the book store. Liam had a hobby with collecting books that were very old, almost antique, and he was very excited about going to this store. When we walked into it, you cpukd immediately feel that the books were really old and havent been used in a long time. And obviously, creepy book atore means creepy witch lady running it. She was walking down the stairs, in a long skirt, knitted sweather and beads in her hair. "Wow, you are lovely." She started walking up to me, and put her hand on my cheek, i was genuinely freaked out. "Those eyes...." Right now, i think she was crazy i didnt have magnificent eyes, they were just brown.

"She wants your eyes." And after she realised she had said that, she stepped back.

"You know about the lady in black?" I wanted answers

"Oooh dear.... do i know." Her voice was shacky and you could see the worry on her face. "Love, you need protection." The whole time Liam had a lost expression on his face, i told him i would explain it to him later.

The old lady was frantically looking through a chest and pulled out a long necklace with an eye symbol hanging on the end of the long chain. "The evil eye. Wear this all the time, even when you are in the shower. This will keep her way. But until i can find a way to get rid of her."

"Why do you want to help me?" I asked her, because she really seemed like she wanted to help.

"Because her intention.... is to kill you."

I thanked her and we walked out of the store. And Liam was still staring at me, and wanted to know what was happening, so i explained,"Ryan and I went to Footground woods to take vines from the house, um... Cavanough Residence and now a woman is following me and wants to kill me. Thats all." He was still speechless. I would understand, i would be to. Liam sent me home and i saw that the living room light was on. Relieved knowing my mom was home.

I walked into the house and greeted my mom and asked her,"hey mom... can i sleep with you tonight?"

"Why honey?" She looked concerned, i didnt want her to be.

"I just dont want to be alone tonight."

She invited me to sit next to her, and kissed me on the forehead and ran her fingers through my hair. "Honey, where is your locket?" "Oh, its in my room." I lied, obviously, it would break her heart. "Oh alright." And she smiled. "Lets head to bed now..." and i got changed and snuggled up to her. Somehow, when im with my mom, i feel like nothing could ever hurt me.