Chapter 6

I saw Ryan leaning against the hood of his car in his black leather jacket and his dark jeans, and something about him made me tightened my grip in the straps of my bag. He smiled and waved at me and i just smiled back and looked down. "Hello pretty lady, wanna get in my car?" I laughed at how funny he sounded, i just laughed as he opened the door for me. I plonked onto the seat and decided to tie my hair into a pony tail. He got in and started his engine.

"Is your intention to make me fat? First pizza, now ice cream?"

"Um, if you did put on weight, no one would be able to see it, and no, food makes you smile, and you have a pretty smile." And obviously i smiled.

"Okay, so where is this "ice cream place"?"

"Its about a mile out of town."

As we were driving past the Stella Town, population: 2595 i noticed someone standing at the leg of the sign, i grabbed Ryans leg,"Ryan look! Someone standing there near the sign!" He slowed down to look, and the person started walking towards the car with one arm stretched out,"oh my god, drive!!! Move! Fuck fuck fuck! Drive!" And he gased hard. "Ryan, please tell me you saw that." "Yes i did. What was that?" "That was the face i saw in the house the other day..."

We kept quiet until we reached the ice cream place, Benetts Desert. I got out of the car and closed the door behind me. Ryan guided me up the stairs into the restaurant that was shaped like a capsule with a 1950s kind of style to it. We sat in a booth and both oredered cookies and cream ice cream. I pit the first spoon into my mouth trying to recount whatever what had just happened.

"Do you think we disturbed the spirits?" I said in a soft tone.

"I dont know, maybe. But maybe it was just someone who needed a ride."

I agreed to this because i didnt want to think about it further.

When we were driving back, i was afraid to even look out of the window.