Chapter Two

Lol at how suddenly action starts in this book - 14 year old me clearly wanted to get to the point. Let's all judge me together for this... what was I thinking! I hope you all still enjoy it. I'm trying not to change the story too much so we just have to put up with how random it gets x 

Like always, I have lost my two best friends in this crazy house party already.

My attempts at finding either Mason or Arnica during the last half hour have so far been unsuccessful. Everyone here is either drunk or high, some a mixture of both and others just too busy making out with someone to notice me trying to get their attention.

The loud music that's been playing has mostly been about girls with big butts taking their clothes off and it's really starting to give me a headache. The house seems more and more crowded each second and I head for the back door to get some fresh air, I don't think I'll be able to find Mason or Arnica anytime soon so I need to make a plan to get home and out of this place. Mason will have the keys to his car so driving home isn't an option, not that I could leave them here anyway.

Surprisingly, the backyard is empty. Probably because it's freezing and now it's starting to look like it's going to rain, perfect. My finger scrolls down the list of people I could contact in my phone. I know I'm at least a 20-minute drive away from my house which is too far to try and walk in the dark.

My parents will be out of town on their business trip for the next couple of days and my older brother is miles away at college so calling him isn't an option either. I have no idea who else I can ask to pick me up at 10.30 on a Friday night.

"It's a little cold to be outside, don't you think?" my body freezes, hearing the thick voice of a man who steps out of the dark towards me. His accent might be English but I'm too nervous to be sure.

He towers over my 5'8ft frame like a giant and is almost twice my size in body mass. The variety of black skull and knife tattoos along his arms are almost uncountable, I should never have come out here alone.

"What do you want?" I try to keep my voice calm and steady but I'm sure he can easily tell how uncomfortable I am with his close proximity.

"Tell me everything you know about Xavier Black" I can't see the face of guy speaking because the hoodie he's pulled over his head covers most of it. He smells terribly of cigarettes though.

"I have no idea who that is" I answer honestly, gasping when the man's hands suddenly wrap around my neck. He pushes me back against the uneven bricks of the house roughly. The small pocket knife he holds between his fingers presses to my throat and I squeeze my eyes tightly in hopes of waking up from this horrible nightmare.

"He was in your school today looking for my little brother Charlie and he's here now, you're a pretty wee thing. I'm sure he must've noticed you."

Oh no. He's talking about the guy I saw in the library today... Xavier.

"I don't know anything, I swear I only saw him for a second. I don't even know your little brother" I stumble over my words without meaning to. I've never been in a situation like this before. He could kill me and there's nobody out here to stop him.

"Lies" I whimper when presses the blade more closely to the skin of my throat, pricking my skin with its sharp edge. "Did you see Xavier here tonight or not?"

All I can do is shake my head, if I talk I'm afraid the tears I've been trying to contain will spill. I'm sure that would only make him even more angry than he already is.