Chapter 9

Percy pov

"Again!!" shouted Natasha at Clint and Bobbi who were sparing.

My gods. This was rough. I mean Bobbi was a good fighter... no an excellent fighter and Natasha was acting like she didn't know a thing. The two groups weren't exactly best friends. I watched them sparing. If they this was training they definitely weren't acting like it. Clint barely gave Bobbi a chance to strike before he lashed out. I wanted to say something but its not like I could do much. Bobbi looked like she wanted to kill them. I don't know that they could tell because they weren't really paying attention to what she wanted. I had had enough so I turned and left.

I quietly shut the door to the stairs taking them two at a time up to the living room. I slowed down as I reached the top and casually walked through the door. Of course I walked right in on Jemma and Bruce having some science conversation and they both turned to look at me. I frowned. I wonder if they knew about the conflict between the two groups.

"you look like you want to say something" Bruce said. I stayed silent. "Percy, hello, did you want to say something."

"Okay well maybe it isn't really my place to say anything. I just got here but are you aware of the fact that Clint and Natasha are basically just destroying Bobbi down there. I mean their more experienced sure but they aren't even giving her a chance to recover." I said letting it all out.

"They what!?" Simmons exclaimed getting to her feet.

"Yeeeahh" I said uncomfortably. Bruce put his head in his hands.

"This needs to stop he said. I don't get why they feel so threatened." Bruce said. "its something that has to just blow over."

Skye walked in just as the conversation ended.

"Come on Percy your training with me today." She said happily. Wow, its just one thing after another. I turned and went back down the stairs to the training room. Bobbi was sitting there alone.

"You shouldn't let them push you around like that." I told her. She looked up at me startled.

"They're avengers." she replied simply. Acting as if it wasn't that big of a deal.

"Yeah and, I'm a child of the gods for Hades sake. technically I outrank them all but it doesn't matter to them or to you obviously." I said bitterly. She looked at me in surprise but didn't have a chance to say anything because Skye walked out of the elevator. Bobbi then proceeded to cross the room and take the elevator back up.

"She is so lucky, getting to train with the avengers" Skye said enviously.

"Oh believe me she is not lucky." I said. Skye looked at me strangely.

"Okay then, lets start." Skye said.

"So we are going to train with powers right? Because that is so much better than regular combat training." I asked hopefully.

"Yeah I agree. I cant really do any power training with anyone here. I mean sure the avengers have abilities but Thor is the only one that really comes close." she said.

"The Norse god right?" I asked. She nodded.

"Alright lets do this." she said.

We faced each other. I waited for Skye to make the first move, mostly because I hadn't exactly fought against her powers before. The ground beneath me started to shake but i knew this trick and I could neutralize it. So soon the ground stopped shaking. Then all of a sudden I was blasted off of my feet by some invisible force. Without even getting up I sent a blast of water at Skye, knocking her off her feet. I got up and crossed the room to Skye. She was still laying on the ground water holding her down. She was trying to use her ability to free herself but the water was already to strong to break.