XLIII. WE DON'T GET ENOUGH LOVE (part 2)

TRISTAN'S POV

I held back the smile threatening to break free as I listened to the tongue lashing I was getting from Valentina.

I hadn't realized how much I missed her until I saw her familiar face pop up in my face just now. She hadn't changed one bit, and after the awkward bit in the beginning of our conversation we fell right back to the point we were before she kissed me.

That kiss. It could only be described as something serious; her lips were nothing short of magical and I'm still kicking myself for ending it.

I knew she was hurt when I basically rejected her, but I had my reasons for doing so. First of all, I knew she wasn't ready to jump into another relationship, she was still a complete mess. I knew that if I had got involved with her at that point, all I would be was a rebound and she'd end up leaving me; I recognized that and I wasn't going to put myself in that position. I also knew that I'd be leaving to go to Dubai very soon and I didn't want to lead her on and leave her for a year and try to make a long distance relationship work.

Frankly, Valentina was going to hold me back. She'd distract me from attaining the goal I had set for myself since I was 14, I didn't want to resent her later in life for it. She would've became my day and night and not getting money like it had been.

Most of all, I wasn't entirely sure how I felt about her. She was a beautiful woman, any man could see that, but I didn't know if I was ready for a real relationship, seeing as I've never had one before.

It has always been people rejecting me because they believed I wasn't good enough for them, seeing where I came from, or me pushing women away because I was only focused on one thing.

"Of course, only you would do some bull shit like that." She hissed at me.

"Maybe, but I can do whatever I want now; I have nine zeroes in my bank account." I told her smugly, knowing it would annoy her.

I knew all she thought I was a severe workaholic, and it wasn't a lie, but all that was going to change soon. I was going to catch up on ten years of missed experiences. I don't even think I went to a club on my 21st birthday.

"Are you gonna keep like rubbing that in my face or are you done?" She asked, irritation was evident on her face.

There was nothing stopping me from getting Valentina, Alec was out of the picture and I could give her anything she could desire. After all, I was a billionaire.

Contrary to popular belief, money can buy happiness. As a person that has been broke as a joke for the majority of his life, I can honestly tell you I'm much happier with now with my abundance of money.

There isn't anything on Earth that I could want and not be able to get. If having everything thing you want isn't happiness, then I don't know what is.

"Well yes! The only thing you ever think about is how to get money." She said, still flabbergasted that I'm actually trying to settle down and live my life the way it was meant to be.

I really didn't understand why she was so surprised, it was going to happen someday.

Just as I opened my mouth to talk, Max caused a ruckus on the other side of the restaurant, immediately catching Valentina's attention.

Occasionally, I envied Max, he had throngs of women throwing themselves at him, he had a real friend like Valentina, that would be there for him no matter what, not mention gorgeous, but then I remember, I have more money than him. Nothing else matters.

Valentina left, saying she'd call me, with Max in tow and once again I was left alone. I wasn't lonely, I actually liked a being isolated with only my thoughts, it was soothing in a way.

"Your girlfriend's beautiful." The waiter said, coming up to my table.

Instead of correcting the man like I should've, I smiled and replied, "I know."

******

I don't even sell houses anymore. I started my own agency, so I ran shît now.

But even though I'm the boss, sometimes I still have to do the heavy lifting, like when one of your employees calls in sick at the last minute so you have to take on his client for that day.

John didn't tell me much about the person that was supposed to be buying a house, he didn't even give me a name, all he sent were the three addresses of the houses he was going to show.

So yes, I was surprised to see the infamous Alec Blackman step out of a silver Maserati. We had met, once before and he glared at me the entire night.

Hopefully he didn't remember me, I was trying to get done with this day as swiftly as possible.

"Tristan Wilde." I introduced myself, praying he'd take my hand and not recognize me from all those months ago.

"Alec Blackman. I believe I was supposed to be meeting with John Hanson, where is he?" He firmly shook my hand.

"He's sick. I'll be with you for today if you don't mind." I said, hoping he'd just wait for John.

"No I don't, shall we?"

As I was showing him the first two homes, I noticed him staring at me constantly and it was making me kind of uneasy. He seemed a little spacey to me too.

I didn't pay too much attention to it until we arrived at the third house and he upped the ante. My personal space was repeatedly invaded and I swear he made sexual innuendos here and there.
"So do you like what you see?" I asked him referring to the apartment.

"Yes, I love it." He told me looking straight into my eyes.

The way he said it made me feel extremely uncomfortable. Keeping my professional facade on I nodded and moved on.

"Hey have you ever been with a man?" I heard him question.

I froze.

"W-what?" I asked.

"I said have you ever driven a van before." He repeated.

"Uhh no, that's a pretty random question."

I remember Valentina telling me he had an interest in men, but I didn't think he was this forward. I've always assumed gay people could tell when another person was gay.

"Yeah sorry, it was just a thought."

"Um so why are you moving?" I asked, trying to make small talk to get past the awkward tension.

"Oh I'm not, I'm buying my mother a house. Have you ever thought about being with a man?"

"Uhhh what? I think I misheard you."

"You didn't." He replied.

Well how awkward.

"Aren't you Valentina's ex boyfriend?"

"Yes I am, I'm sure she told you about me. Don't act so surprised."

What the fûck.

"I'm here to sell you a house, nothing else. I have not been with a man nor do I have the desire to."

"What if money was involved?"

================
Heyyyyyy thanks for making it this far! Two updates in one week, I know I'm amazing, this is just the last chapter in Tristan's POV so it really doesn't count as a real chapter (yay!) So since y'all were asking for Alec, I gave y'all Alec in his natural habitat lol. I hope I didn't make y'all too uncomfortable with that. Oh and this in no way means that Tristan and Val will end up together.

So what will Tristan do?

Is this even real??

So team Max or Team Tristan, or for you guys out there still hanging onto the itty bitty little chance that she may got crawling back into his promiscuous little hands, Team Alex?

Thanks a bunch for reading!!! Please leave comments and stuff.

This chapter may be deleted soon, just an FYI

-Jay