XXVI. WHO'S THE FATHER

"Its hot." Max complained pulling at his tie.

I was already regretting letting Max come. He only wanted to be here so he could see the guy who got to get in her pants and not him.

"We're in Florida, what do you expect?" I asked him.

"He groaned and took off his suit jacket.

"I dont know why you came in a full suit anyways." I said getting into the uber we called.

"Just to check on business down here. You know I'm gonna be CEO one day." He claimed.

"I thought you said that your father was going to give that to your older, more competent brother."

He gave me a sour look and rolled his eyes.

"Even if he does, I'm still better looking."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy." I replied. I honestly couldn't speak on that because I've never met his brother, Max's ego is just too big for his own good.

He sighed and turned his attention to his cell phone.

About twenty minutes later, we pulled up to a pretty townhouse.

Max paid while I got out and rung the doorbell, excited to see my friend, even if it was under these circumstances.

"Valentina!" Natasha squealed throwing her arms around my neck, she looked unchanged other than the glowing tan she now had.

"Natasha, my darling!" I received the hug eagerly.

She looked over my shoulder whilst pulling away and her smile dropped a bit.

"Why is he here?" She questioned me referring to Max.

"Because he follows me around everywhere like a lovesick puppy." I explained.

It comes with its benefits though, having a real friend whenever and he buys me food. He's one hundred times better than Alec right now.

Max waved as a greeting to Natasha from where he stood, which was near the car that hadn't departed yet.

"He's not staying." I told her and she looked relieved. He had already told me that he was going to drop in at the office his father has here.

She pulled me inside of her air conditioned home and I instantly felt more comfortable.

"Does Max know?"

"He was in the room when you facetimed me, but he won't tell anyone if that's what you're worried about."

She nodded, looking relieved. I made myself comfortable on her  couch while she was where I'm guessing was the kitchen. Natasha returned with two glasses of orange juice; this was a change from our usual.

"If I'm pregnant, you're pregnant." She told me handing me the glass.

I don't think I could give up alcohol for that long. I'd be a cranky bìtch for my entire pregnancy.

"Now explain to me all that. How are you sure it's not Cam's?"

"Because you know his thing was broken for awhile and we've just been super busy so we haven't had sex in months." She explained.

I still can't get over the fact that Cameron broke his dick. That has to be one of the most ridiculous thing I've heard.

"So why did you cheat?" I inquired.

I hate to be so blunt about it but I just had to know.

She sighed and hung her head.

"It wasn't intentional. I love him, you know that."