XX. YOU'RE BASICALLY A SINGLE MOTHER

You know that feeling you get when you're excited but nervous as hell? You know your stomach is doing weird flips and you feel like you have to şhít? Yep, that was me right then.

Alec was taking me on a date. Like an actual date. This was our first date so I was excited; maybe a little too excited. I had already downed two cups of wine trying to calm my nerves in the last ten minutes; It wasn't helping, at all. So, I do what any grown woman would do and get another cup.

I'm starting to think that I may have a slight drinking problem.

Yep, and I didn't even have an outfit anymore, because I spilled half of my third cup all over myself.

"Why am I even trying so hard?" I said to myself.

It's not like he doesn't know me already.

I changed into another suitable outfit and curled my hair to perfection.

And now I wait. I got comfortable on my couch with Miguel and turn on my tv. It's already on TNT from a basketball game Max and I were watching last night so I decide to leave it there and watch the reruns of supernatural.

I haven't watched the show before, but I came to the conclusion that it's pretty weird because a man was smashed by and anvil. Guts everywhere, and I can't help but think; why didn't this man have bones.

A knock sounded on the door and my heart rate immediately picked up. I bounded excitedly to the door and fling it open, not even bothering to check through the peep hole.

I'm thoroughly disappointed when I see it's not Alec, but in fact my gay neighbor.

Dammit.

"What's up Rowan?" I greeted, leaning against the door.

"Nothing, just came to ask if I could borrow some sugar." He replied.

Who the hęll asks to borrow sugar these days?

"Yeah sure, come on in." I pushed myself off of the door and head to the kitchen to retrieve the pound sized bag of sugar.

I hear the door creak and I see Alec.

"Hey Val. You ready?" He asked, he was dressed nicely in a pair of black slacks and a baby blue button down.

"Yeah, I just wanted to give this to my friend here." I answered, handing the bag to Rowan, whose mind was obviously not on the sugar anymore, but Alec.

"Thanks!" Rowan grinned taking it and walking out, his gaze lingered on Alec for a while though.

I'm going to have to tell him he's mine and only mine.

"Well, shall we?"

***

"Here we are." Alec stated, getting out the car.

Before I could fully get my seatbelt off, he had ran around to the other side and opened the door for me.

"Oh, someone's being a gentleman tonight. I like it." I grinned up at him, exiting the red jaguar.

"Does this mean I'm on the right track to getting lucky tonight?" He questioned cheekily.

You know as much as I used to complain about not getting laid, now that I can, I'm not taking the opportunity. What is wrong with me?

"You would be, if I didn't leave Miguel all alone at home." I retorted.

"I need to find a woman without all the baggage you have. You're basically a single mother." He told me, wrapping his arm around my waist.