Broken Hearts and Birthday Parties

Chapter 18

Friday July 13th

Its been a few weeks and Spencer won't answer my phone calls and I don't know what to do! Should I just leave her alone. Give her what she wants? Move on? I can't, I love her more than anything. It was a stupid stupid mistake and II regret it so much now!

I get out of bed and walk downstairs to find Gabby, Aiden, Kyla, Adrian, Anna, Aubrey, and my mom and dad all in the kitchen and just as I walk in everyone gets quiet.I mean I know my birthday is Monday but with everything going I said I didn't want a party so I hope they're not planning one.

"Hey Ash honey." My dad says to me as I enter the kitchen. His voice always has just been able to make me feel better. He doesn't even have to say anything encouraging. I love my daddy.

"Hi daddy. Whats going on?"

"We'll we were planning you a party but then we all decided that with the whole Spencer thing we didn't know if you still wanted one or not." My mother tells me.

"Yeah, I'm good. I don't want one." I tell them truthfully. I'm just way too depressed over Spencer.

"But Ash, you've been talking about having a party for months!" Kyla interjects.

"Yeah Ash." Aiden and Gabby add.

"Just don't want one you guys."

"What the hell. If she doesn't want a damn party then so what. Oh my god!" Aubrey says rolling her eyes at me.

"Shut up Aubrey." My dad snaps at her. You see why I love him so much!

"Look maybe next year. 19 is not an important age anyway." I say turning to leave. Kyla chases after me.

"Ash look I know you're upset and sad about Spence. I'm sad for you guys but she has a right to be mad Ash. You slept with someone else while you claimed to be in love with her. I'd be mad at you too!" Hate it when she's right.

"I know, but she said she wish she'd never met me Ky."

"I know Ashy Bear, I know!" I fell to the floor in Kyla's arms and cried. She hasn't called me Ashy Bear since we we're kids. I've missed her. I miss Spence now just everything. My dad came out and picked me up and carried me upstairs to my room.

"Ash sweetie, this Spencer young lady, she was a nice girl but is she really worth you being depressed? I know you loved her honey I could tell, but you have to snap out of this! It's not healthy." He's right. I have to. I'd give anything to have her right now but I can't let this situation control my life.

"K daddy."

"So are we having your party or not?" He ask smiling?

"Yes sir. We can have it." He seems happier than I am.

"Alright. I'll give you a week to get yourself together and we'll have it next Saturday ok?"

"But that's Aubrey's birthday."

"Yeah I know."

"She's turning 21 though, isn't that more important?"

"She'll have her day as well."

"K."

"Alright sweetie. I'll go tell everyone it's back on."

"K." He gets up to walk out the door. "And daddy..." I add

"Yes, sweetie?"

"I love you." I say with a smile.

"I love you more." He says back.