Getting back to normal

Chapter 16

Friday May 25th

"Ashley sweetie... Um baby, you know daddy loves you right?" Yeah dad I know. I think to myself. Its Friday and I haven't left my room, correction, my bed since Sunday. And yes I'm aware that I stink. But no Spencer means I have no reason to smell good anymore. Shes gone and she's not coming back for three months. Three whole months man! So I'm not leaving this bed for three months.

"Dad, I just want to be alone please."

"Ashley honey you need to get up. Shower first, then come downstairs and eat please honey. This is not healthy at all!" I know dad I know. But I feel like I lost the only two people in this world that really got me. Besides you of course daddy.

"I don wanna" Sometimes I can be a real baby!

"Honey if you don't get up I'm going to be forced to carry you to these set places and you're way too old now for me to be bathing you so please don't make me!." He said smiling trying to lighting the mood.

"DADDY! PLEASE!" He didn't move. "Ugh, fine! I'm up, I'm up!"

"Good, now after you shower come downstairs and I'll make you a big breakfast." He said getting up and walking to the door.

"K." I said sitting up. He left and went downstairs. I didn't want to get up, but how can I refuse my daddy. I got up and went into the bathroom nd got in the shower. The water felt so good against my skin. Probably because I hadn't felt it in so long. I got dressed and went downstairs where my dad had a big spread of food out for me on the dinning room table. I stuffed my face for like an hour before I decided finally I was full.

I go back upstairs and flop down on the bed... Spencer is all I've been able to think about. Shes all I've wanted to think about.

My phone vibrates on the night stand and I turnover and grab it to see who it is... A text from Josie.

"Hey" it read.

"Hey" I texted back.

"I haven't heard from you in a while I was just making sure everything was OK."

"Yeah, everything is fine." I didn't want to tell her about the whole Spencer situation. Don't really feel like dealing with her right now anyway.

"Well I was wondering if you wanted to come over? My mom and siblings are out of town so i wanted some company." I thought to myself for a second. 'Is it really worth it?' I got up put some clothes on and texted back.

"I'm on my way." I texted grabbing my keys off the night stand and headed out the door.

Friday May 25th 1:30 p.m

I'm sitting in the driveway of Josie's house. Not sure if I'm going to go in or not. I cant stand the thought of cheating on Spencer but she didn't come back with me. I wanted her to come back with me. I needed her to come back with me. Why ' she come back with me? All types of thoughts start running through my mind. I get out of the car,walk up to the door and knock. Josie answers.

"Hey you." She says with a big smile on her face. She looks like she missed me in the past months.

"Hi." I replied back holding my head down.

"Come on." She says pulling me in and dragging me up the steps to her bedroom. I knew exactly why she called me over and she didn't waste anytime getting right down to business. She throws me on the bed and starts to undress me.

"Josie wait." I plead stopping her.

"What is it Ash? Whats wrong?" she looks confused. I knew what she wanted and I came so that means that I wanted it too. Well at least that's what it meant to her.

"I don't think I can do this!" I love Spencer. There is no denying that!

"Why did you come then?" Why did I come? Maybe to talk or to listen. I don't know honestly. Just cant do this.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have." I say putting back on my clothes.

"Ash wait, don't go please." What now?

"I have to Josie." I say as I stand up and walk out the door. I get in m car and drive away as quickly as I possibly could. Can't believe I was going to do that to Spencer. Maybe I haven't changed. Maybe I'm still the same ol' person I was two months ago before I met Spence. The one person I would go talk to in this situation isn't talking to me and Rebbecca well Rebbecca and her husband are trying to work things out. Even though Gabby isn't talking to me maybe she'll just listen. I grab my phone out of my bag and call her.

"Hello," a voice picks up on the other end. Doesn't sound like Gabby though.

"Hi, Gabby?" I sorta ask.

"Hold on one second. BABY" the girl yells. BABY? "You have a phone call." So Gabby has a girlfriend now? I guess she's moved on from me I cant blame her.

"Hello?" Gabby answers

"Hey Gabby its me, Ash."

'OH hey Ash, how are you?" She sounds exited to hear from me actually. If so, why hasn't she just picked up the phone and called me?

"I'm OK. Just miss you best friend." I admit.

"I miss you too Ash. I've been meaning to call you and tell you the good news." Good news? What good news?

"So tell me now" I say.

"Well..." She pauses.. "Ash, I'm kinda sorta engaged." ENGAGED! I haven't talked to you in a month and now you're engaged? What the hell is this?

"Oh, wow. Who is the lucky person?"

"Well her name is Bianca. She went to high school with us. You probably don't remember because she was quiet and shy. But we ran into each other about a month and a half ago and we started dating and 2 days ago she proposed."

"Oh wow." This really is a shock. Gabby just realized she was gay and now all of a sudden shes engaged. Too much for me.

"Yeah I know right. But I'm happy. Very very happy." Well at least she's happy. She deserves that.

"I'm happy for you Gabs." I say truthfully.

"Thank you Ash. So whats up?" I didn't want to ruin her good news with my bad news so i didn't say anything.

"Nothing. Just wanted to check up on you. We should hang out this week sometime."

"Yeah definitely. The four of us should most definitely chill this week. How about Sunday?" The four of us? Oh she means Spencer too. Great.

"Yeah ok. Call me." I say a little sad.

"K. Love you Ash." God how I've missed my best friend.

"Love you too Gabs." We hang up. I'm home now just sitting in the driveway. I seem to do that a lot lately. I just want to be alone. Now that Spencer is gone.

Finally, I get out the car and go into the house.

"OMG!" I yell out.

You'll never guess who's sitting on my couch...